N-Europe

Crash Nitro Kart/Tag Team Racing?!?!

Has anyone got these and are they actually any good?!!?

I've played Nitro Kart at a mates, but it was too different to CTR for me to get into it (especially since you can't fire the bubbles, aaaahhhhhhhh).

Who's played it these and enjoy them?! I love Kart racers like South Park Rally, CTR & Lego racers and I want to have at least 1/2 trustable opinion.

Well, I have played Crash Nitro Kart and even finished game with 100 percent (all gems, tokens, etc.). As you have already noticed by yourself, it isn't so good as original Crash Team Racing. My main problems with the game are unstable framerate* and that there is only three tracks per cup. In addition of these problems, game's track design is uninspired for most of time and most tracks are too much like their counterparts in CTR.

This doesn't, however, mean that game is bad, but it could have been far more better. If you did like CTR, this is good choice especially if you can find it from bargain bin. But I wouldn't pay full price for it.

* I'm not sure if this is only Cube/PAL-version related.

Well, I have played Crash Nitro Kart and even finished game with 100 percent (all gems, tokens, etc.). As you have already noticed by yourself, it isn't so good as original Crash Team Racing. My main problems with the game are unstable framerate* and that there is only three tracks per cup. In addition of these problems, game's track design is uninspired for most of time and most tracks are too much like their counterparts in CTR.

This doesn't, however, mean that game is bad, but it could have been far more better. If you did like CTR, this is good choice especially if you can find it from bargain bin. But I wouldn't pay full price for it.

* I'm not sure if this is only Cube/PAL-version related.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be able to find it for around £15 or so :smile: