Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Surround Sound System (the second coming)

Eddage

I know I asked this on the old C-E forums but still want more help...

I am looking for a surround sound system that can be easily hooked up to my DVD/Gamecube (couldn't give two hoots about it connecting to my PC, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt), as a result it would have to support Dolby Pro Logic 2 (and of course 5.1!)

If possible I would like just a subwoofer at a price of around £85 (I'm sure you must be able to get a half decent one for that price) because my birthday is on the horizon (I'll just buy the speakers seperately with my own money).

Cheers in advance for any help, it's greatly appreciated!

Hey Twilight_Link,

I remember when I was trying to sort out my surround sound setup a while back now, it was a right pain in the arse!

I ended up getting my receiver from Richer Sounds as they're pretty cheap yet still have good stuff:

RECEIVERS

SPEAKERS

If getting separates is too much hassle or too expensive, you could always try looking at All-In-One systems:

PACKAGES

I was trying to get an All-In-One setup after my first receiver died but getting one that would work with the Gamecube proved impossible as every one I looked at would only decode DPL2 from a CD or DVD present in the system and not from an externally connected source i.e. Gamecube, So I just got another receiver.

But maybe the situation with these has changed now as it's been a long time since then so it might be worth a look as they can be a lot cheaper than a separates system.

Anyway hope that helps,

Good Luck.

• Like 1