NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Supergrunch

Maths homework help...

Quite a lot of maths is pretty pointless. I mean, when are you ever gonna use surds in real life? WHAT IS THE POINT! :cry:

It's usefull for engineers and scientists and the like. Just think at the people who built your house, designed your iPod, created the the hardware on the pc you're using, find cures for diseases, doctors,...

And it also develops your mind, allowing you to analyze problems, make certain situations abstract and find solutions for them. It seriously gives you an advantage, as a developped mind gives you numerous advantages in life.

Yup, I've been out of maths lessons for 2 years and now I've forgotten MOST of it. >.> Bleh who cares. XD

im doing math gcse now (top set) and i definatly know im not taking AS in it.

That's probably a good idea; I found a GCSE paper the other day, and couldn't believe how easy it was.

Mind you, if the only reason you dislike it is because it's boring, it does get a lot more interesting at AS (and A2).

Yes its boring, and its the evil, old hag of a teacher i have. I also find it kinda hard...teacher shows one example and expects you to know whole unit.

I'm going Standard Grade maths (Scottish GCSE eqiv.) and after seeingh this I defiantly want to do Advance High (Ummmm... 6th form?) maths! It loosk so much fun, I find maths the greatest thing ever and often have dreams of love about it. My brother got a 1-1 Honours (or Masters? Meh..) degree at Edinburgh, so I come from a mathy family.

Sign in to follow this