N-Europe

SteamWorld Heist II (08/08/2024)

This was the "one more thing" at the April Indie World Showcase. It's coming out on 08/08/2024 for £25.
https://www.nintendo.com/en-gb/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/SteamWorld-Heist-2-2558196.html

The above video is a sit-down interview with the producer that is interspersed with some footage. Here are some of the points mentioned:

• been a four-year project, so in development a little less than that
  • nine years since Heist 1!
  • made Heist II because there were things they wanted to do in Heist but were unable to. E.g. huge world map where you explore the ocean and engage in naval battles
  • the aim is to make all SteamWorld titles approachable for people unsure if they like the genre of each game, while still deep
  • Hats inspired by Team Fortress and Valve games they used to play
  • Has a job system. Change weapon to change job. Some abilities carry over when you change. There will be powerful combinations to discover.
  • Has difficulty settings (preset or customisable) to let newbies and veterans tailor it to their tastes

When folders were added to Switch, I made one for eShop games I'd bought on a whim but hadn't played. SteamWorld Heist went into that folder and to this day remains untouched. I keep meaning to go back and finish Dig first but never seem to get around to it. They mention Heist is sort of similar to Worms, which is a comparison that hadn't struck me before. But now I've heard it, I get it and Heist has shot right back up my to play soon list.