NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II (21st May 2024)

a34f2de8_b0e7_4e0b_b947_7b1ba3a4a832.0.j

Surprised this didn't already have a thread, but hey, it looks like we might be getting some news soon as it has now been rated by the Australian ratings board.

Something big next week at the TGAs, perhaps? 

Previous trailers

Announcement Trailer – The Game Awards 2019 

Announcing Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

Music by Heilung (In Maidjan' from the album 'Ofnir')

Created by Ninja Theory in collaboration with our friends at Epic Games and Unreal Engine. Captured in-engine. 

Gameplay Reveal – The Game Awards 2021

Your first look at gameplay from Senua's Saga: Hellblade captured by the development team in-game.

Facial Animation Showcase – State of Unreal 2023

We're pushing the boundaries of realtime facial animation in Senua's Saga: Hellblade as showcased at GDC 2023 with Unreal Engine.

The Senua Trailer – Xbox Games Showcase 2023

Sink deep into the next chapter of Senua's story with this showcase of cinematic immersion, beautifully realised visuals and encapsulating sound. Captured on Xbox Series X. Best viewed wearing headphones.

Edited by Julius

Another Game Awards, and all we're getting is "it's still 2024" :blank: oh well, let it cook I guess

The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, sees Senua return in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking lceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without. 

Cool trailer, though! 

As leaked, May 21st:

Digital-only. 

Edited by Julius

Digital only, disappointing. 

Looks good though, but it isn't very likely I'll play this at launch - I don't even own an Xbox yet. Hopefully by the time I get around to buying one they'll announce a physical version. The way things seem to be going for Microsoft though I wouldn't be surprised if this comes to other platforms eventually, maybe PS5 in 18 months or so

13 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Digital only, disappointing. 

Looks good though, but it isn't very likely I'll play this at launch - I don't even own an Xbox yet. Hopefully by the time I get around to buying one they'll announce a physical version. The way things seem to be going for Microsoft though I wouldn't be surprised if this comes to other platforms eventually, maybe PS5 in 18 months or so

Digital-only is very disappointing...and makes me think this is Xbox starting to completely cut corners (aka physical) in order to be on everything at any time. The leaked next Series X model being digital-only makes complete sense now, and I now fully expect them to be digital-only at a first-party level at a minimum by the time that releases. Insane. 

Glad this doesn't seem to have ballooned in scope and size (being shorter again? 8 hours?) as it fills a gap AAA doesn't seem interested in filling...but also, how and why has this then taken 4½ years? Very curious to see how this turns out, because it was never going to be a system seller but could be a great experience for selling the promise of Game Pass – but I don't know if it sells the idea of Xbox ownership all that well, either. Not being "full-priced" and being $50 seems a good way to balance that out, though...but again, no physical. 

I'm curious to see if this comes to other consoles too, guess we'll need to wait and see! 

Sign in to follow this