NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Switch 2 - predictions, guesstimates and other SWAGs

If you go raw processing power then the Switch is about 60% more powerful in handheld mode than an Xbox 360 (Switch being 393 GFLOPS vs Xbox' 240 GFLOPS) so its very much a halfway house between the 360/PS3 and XB1/PS4 generations. According to the leaked specs the Switch 2 will be about equal to a PS4 in terms of teraflops but raw power isn't the most important thing these days - hence why the Switch turned out to be a much more capable machine than people feared when the specs initially leaked back in 2016

16 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Why are the sticks such an issue these days when they weren't in the GameCube era? Is there a reason they can't use those sticks on modern hardware? 

Probably because the supplier for these control sticks were the cheapest.

Every control stick does inevitably drift, but it only seemed to become a serious problem when we started getting controllers that function as a button by clicking it in.

So yeah, not only are they the most uncomfortable button ever, they very likely increase wear and tear on your stick.

I wish companies would ditch clickable sticks, they're awful. If you really need those two extra buttons, I'd prefer back paddles instead.

• Like 1

First game announced for the Switch 2/successor: Tamarindos Freaking Dinner

I don't want to get my hopes up here as I'm new to this franchise, but surely this means they think the game is at least on par with Dragon Quest XI? 

Sign in to follow this