NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Bought a Switch - back to being a current Nintendo gamer for first time in 5 years!

DCeRuisXoAEuK93.jpg

So yeah basically a combination of birthday money, loyalty points and gift cards mean I've picked up the following lot!

It's taken a lot for me to even consider becoming a current Nintendo platform holder. I was trying to think what the last physical game I bought on release day that wasn't Zelda is and I can't for the life of me think (last two day one Nintendo purchases I made were Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild on Wii U) it may have been Fire Emblem Awakening which is 4 years and I never properly played.

However I think this E3 made me think there is enough in 2017 with the one a month mantra to convince me that I should jump onboard. Hoping this will continue in to 2018 and that all the nindies we've seen promised will slowly trickle in (one thing I'm slightly confused with the pricing on digital games, why is Wonder Boy for example $6 more and why is Jackbox 3 something like $12 more?

One real problem I had with my Wii U is I picked it up late and bought a stack of games that I've struggled to get through (still gonna try clear them all out) so I felt like being more current was the way to go. Going to pace myself accordingly. So far I've got ARMS, Mario Kart 8 and Mr Shifty. Gonna pick up Blaster Master once I beat Mr Shifty.

Below is my friend code would be great if people could add me as it's just one to add for you guys but a lot for me!

DCeYzS6VwAAOj0d.jpg

In general in terms of the device I'm relatively impressed although not bowled over. I feel the joycons are a bit small for my giant hands and I don't think the sticks have enough throw to them compared to the Pro Controller. I'm not blown away by how the dock works, I mean we live in world where you can mirror you phone screen to your TV without lag through wifi and whilst I appreciate a system like that wouldn't work for the switch where you aiming for improved performance on TV, I do think one day if this idea for a system is to continue then they gotta be looking at Wireless versions for a hypothetical Switch 2.

The other thing is...what a mess the online system. I thought they were meant to have consolidated the systems? So why do I have 4 names essentially attached to the same account; Adam, adamducker, flameboy and flameboy84. I linked my account etc...after much wrestling with even figuring out what username and password it was asking me for only to have to log in again with a different name when I first opened the eshop. I'm also a little bit confused why the profile name I have on my Switch is what appears when I'm playing online games rather than the alias I've entered on nintendo's website? Even PS3 let you effectively name the different accounts but then online your PSN ID was displayed. I'm not surprised the online service will only be $20 a year they'd have a bit of a cheek to charge anywhere near the amounts Microsoft and Sony charge.

Also why in the world did friend codes make a comeback what was so terrible with how the Wii U worked?

Sign in to follow this