N-Europe

Punch Out for the Wii?

Hey everyone, thanks for welcoming me onto the forum with open arms!

The other day I was looking at some car boot sales when I found a version of Punch Out! for the Wii. Has anyone here played this? The game looked like some sort of terrible cash-in remake that obviously didn't get Tyson's name. I did have to stop and think if it was a real or a counterfeit game from Thailand or something, but it seems to be real. What are your thoughts on it? If I see it again for a low enough price I might snag it, but my Wii collection is already full of terrible low rate games.

It's the same gameplay with new graphics. So if you like the original, you'll love it.

Just don't expect it to be on-par with any modern fighting game like Street Fighter, UFC or anything like that.

It's the same gameplay with new graphics. So if you like the original, you'll love it.

Just don't expect it to be on-par with any modern fighting game like Street Fighter, UFC or anything like that.

To be fair, it's absolutely nothing like those games you mention (there's nothing quite like Punch-Out!! :hehe:) so it's a bit unfair and misleading to say it isn't 'on par' with something like Street Fighter.

I personally prefer it to more traditional fighting games and would love to see it return on Switch :grin: The Joy-Con are perfect for it :yay:

To be fair, it's absolutely nothing like those games you mention (there's nothing quite like Punch-Out!! :hehe:) so it's a bit unfair and misleading to say it isn't 'on par' with something like Street Fighter.

I personally prefer it to more traditional fighting games and would love to see it return on Switch :grin: The Joy-Con are perfect for it :yay:

I personally don't see a point in making a game like that again. ARMS seems to be a modern reinvention of the formula and I definitely hope that Little Mac becomes a DLC character in that game.