NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pokemon Switch - Possibilities

It seems that age old Nintendo fan quarrel is drawing to a close as we may be preparing to bare witness to a 'true' Pokemon adventure on a home console.

With the Switch features in mind, what would you hope to see in such a game?

As gimmicky as it may sound, I hope they bring back Super Training in some form which hosts mini-games that utilize the HD Rumble and waggle etc.

I think there are a bunch of possibilities, such as using a Joy-Con to throw out a Poké Ball to add to the immersion (make this optional of course). Walking partner Pokémon also seems likely based on the models included in SM's data (note also that they were of much higher resolution than the 3DS is capable of handling), and I've personally always hoped for in-battle evolutions; with the Switch being much more powerful than the 3DS, I think it could pull this off for sure.

Other than that, I personally hope that it isn't a traditional third version in the guise of Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc. Considering how story heavy SM was, and how many loose ends were seemingly left open for future instalments in the franchise, I think, if we're getting another game based in Alola, that it will be a sequel. Kanto being in the post-game also seems like a reasonable shout!

Gen 8 will probably be the Gen that takes full advantage of the Switch. Ultimately having mainline Pokemon on the console will make the Switch more successful than the Wii U quite easily. I still believe that is the main reason as to why Nintendo's handhelds have been more successful than their consoles.

Ultimately having mainline Pokemon on the console will make the Switch more successful than the Wii U quite easily. I still believe that is the main reason as to why Nintendo's handhelds have been more successful than their consoles.

Definitely. Pokemon is any consoles ultimate weapon. If they also went hard and ventured back into Snap territory (as they were alluding to in SM) or somehow incorporate a Snap element into Pokemon Go for example... gangbusters.

I know what I don't want to see...

Pokémon voices taken from the cartoon. Seriously, if I'll be forced to hear Pikachu saying "Pikachu" all the god damn time, then that alone is enough to make me not buy it.

A consistent frame rate.

No excuse now, Game Freak.

I'd also like them to undo their horrible mistake and bring back those awesome Triple Battle and secret best mode Rotation Battle formats. And throw in an Inverse toggle while you're at it. Those are funny!

And finally...

BRING BACK THE GOD DAMN BATTLE FRONTIER!

Battle Tower rehashes are all well and good, but some people like variety in their difficult post-game Battle facilities.

Nick them from Emerald/Platinum for all I care! Just have something!

I know what I don't want to see...

Pokémon voices taken from the cartoon. Seriously, if I'll be forced to hear Pikachu saying "Pikachu" all the god damn time, then that alone is enough to make me not buy it.

Or just stop using Pikachu?

If they're going to use Pikachu's anime voice, then at least give the same treatment to everyone else.

It's really jarring, having Pikachu shout it's name, but having Pichu and Raichu use their sound effect.

Either all sound effects, or all voices!

Looking ahead to Gen VIII, seeing that's where I think we'll start to see the major changes to the franchise to reflect the change in hardware (to the Switch).

Xenoblade 2, Skyrim and Breath of the Wild are all beautiful, massive open world games, with the latter two being ports from other consoles and X2 perhaps being in the works for the Wii U originally (seeing as its scheduled for this year). Can definitely see the next Gen of Pokémon making use of this and the Unreal Engine 4 :P

we may be preparing to bare witness to a 'true' Pokemon adventure on a home console.

Obviously, it runs fine if you play it on the Switch tablet, but the moment you put it on the dock, the console itself will shut down. Because Pokémon games literally don't work on a home console :heh:

But seriously, I'm more excited for the potential spin-offs than any mainline game. Now that the fighting game I wanted is finally here, I can only wish for Pokémon Snap 2, and for more creative developers to use the IP. Oh, and also that Pokkén makes it into the Switch someday.

But seriously, I'm more excited for the potential spin-offs than any mainline game. Now that the fighting game I wanted is finally here, I can only wish for Pokémon Snap 2, and for more creative developers to use the IP. Oh, and also that Pokkén makes it into the Switch someday.

Yep, I'm the same. Mystery Dungeon is going to look great!

Sign in to follow this