NEurope
Atomic Boo

Paper Mario revolution

no news about this title yet but i reckon its in the pipeline. the scipt for the thousand year door was stunning and it was so fun/challenging/mysterious and brilliantly stuck together. the badge and battle system was excellent and it wasnt really a kids game was it. not many 3 yr olds could hav completed such an epic adventure

how could they match this? the rev controls could make for very interesting fights indeed

I'm sure at the end of The Thousand Year Door Professor Frankly says something that hints towards a third installment. Can't remember though...

I'm a way into PM2 and I like it. It has charm. But it is getting really repetitive. Why do I have to keep aquiring new characters, this isn't Pokemon!

Sorry, not to gripe but I didn't think the battle system was that great. Much preferred Mario RPG. But hey it's colourful it's fun and the little runt guys from the forrest rule! But enough material for a 3rd? Dunno...

We don't want another Mario Party franchise on our hands do we?

I'm a way into PM2 and I like it. It has charm. But it is getting really repetitive. Why do I have to keep aquiring new characters, this isn't Pokemon!

Sorry, not to gripe but I didn't think the battle system was that great. Much preferred Mario RPG. But hey it's colourful it's fun and the little runt guys from the forrest rule! But enough material for a 3rd? Dunno...

We don't want another Mario Party franchise on our hands do we?

i dont think paper mario and mario party should be compared to

Speaking of Mario Party, the Revolution controls could be what it needs to put some more fun in the series.

Anyway, Paper Mario 2 was simply one of the best game I've ever played. If it has a Revolution sequel, I would pick it up in a second. To be honest, I really believe there was little wrong with it, the only thing I can think of is it was a little tedious. But it's a fairly balanced game.

Revolutions controller will be perfect for every move you use, they could involve how you move the controller, like up and down and right timing at such. I'd love lots of Interactivity in a (the) new installment, and I hope it'll beat the standard TTYD set for me.

I loved the first one, and PM2 was a great sequel too, but I never beat the final boss.... Well if a 3rd one apears you can expect to drive mario in plane mode with the controller for sure:D

I loved the first one, and PM2 was a great sequel too, but I never beat the final boss.... Well if a 3rd one apears you can expect to drive mario in plane mode with the controller for sure:D
I don't know about you, but I even liked the first one more than the second, maybe because of the time it came out, it was so refreshing and new, all the details in it...

It had lots of clues for games in project dolphin (like luigi's mansion)...

Other than that I agree with Jamba, Super Mario RPG was pure class... nintendo should try a joint venture again sometime with Square, it would be a great way to secure a exclusive or two from them.

but despite super mario RPG greatness I enjoyed the first paper mario just as much.

I only played PM2 and really enjoyed it. I liked the fighting system, the jokes, the characters and all the different levels. The Bowser levels where genius, there should be more.

I think after the success of PM2 there'll be a third installment on the Revo.

but I never beat the final boss

neither did I, it's so hard or maybe I just have the wrong strategy.

yeah its very tricky, but you just have to get your stats up really and use as many healing moves as possible. dodging moves are needed as well imo

the boss you're thinking of isnt the final boss, you have to fight bowser afterwards! i almost broke down when i thought i won it

anyway this is turning into a paper mario TTYD thread so lets continue discussing the improvements that have been made instead of recreating the gamecube thread

I hope it's coming. Paper Mario 2 is one of my favorite Cube games, it sits safely in my top 5. I wish they'd make Mario walk faster this time though. PM2 gave me a sore thumb because I was pushing the control stick so hard to try to make Mario go faster :heh:

I don't know about you guys, but I want a Paper Luigi! :D

Does anyone remember what the treasure really was? It was something funny, but I forget.