NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The perfect video game?

Mario 64 is not a "huge" game, it's a relatively short game with a handful of expansive levels (that doesn't include the three examples I posted above).

Mario 3D World on the other hand, is a huge game with a ridiculous amount of obstacle course style levels, a truck load of level variety, and multiple level types (regular, boss stages, mystery boxes, Captain Toad courses, blockade fights and the post-game special world). It's a huge game brimming with expertly designed content.

IMO.

I never said NSMWDW wasn't a big game, or a long game, just that the individual levels were not (as you just called them) 'expansive'. That can lead to people feeling underwhelmed at the scale of the game if they were hoping for something more.

Very few levels in SM3DW are that type of expansive; hence some people referring to this style as '2.5D'. And my point was, I want to see more expansive levels as featured in 64 (but even bigger).

Edited by Sheikah

I'm glad to hear your opinion on how expansive the levels are.

My original point was that Mario 64 is not a huge game, as it was described.

I'm glad to hear your opinion on how expansive the levels are.

My original point was that Mario 64 is not a huge game, as it was described.

Well you have chosen to interpret that remark as playtime and quantity of levels; which seems very arbitrary to me. Also, I am pretty sure that a newcomer would take longer to clear Mario 64 anyway (not sure why you are quoting 1.5 hours just because it it is possible for a speedrunner). There's also a freaking racoon suit in NSM3DW that makes you invincible too, if things get tough! :heh:

I don't speak for Shorty but I certainly did not think he was referring to purely the precise number of levels in the game when suggesting Mario 64 felt huge.

Edited by Sheikah

And you chose to interpret it a different way. I think 3D World is a huge game, you don't. Time to move on.

Sign in to follow this