NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

Ubisoft developer has good things to say about the Revolution

Take it how you like, but and IGN forum user with a VIP account has claimed that he works for Ubisoft, and has commented a little about all 3 next gen consoles.

A poster on IGN's Insider forums, who works for Ubisoft and has a special VIP account given to him by IGN, had the following to say:

"I'd love to talk 'in-depth' about next-gen systems too, more specifically PS3 and Revolution but, as you can imagine, we're under embargo to release any details about those systems. Also, I don't want to speak on behalf of Ubisoft as to which system is going to win until they've all launched. Last thing I need is a NOA/SCEA/MS representative calling Ubisoft saying that I was bad talking their system. All I can say is - I think 'someone' is back in the race."

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to gather that this "someone" is Nintendo with their next-gen console, the Revolution, since neither Sony nor Microsoft have a comeback to make. PlayStation 2 no doubt won the current generation and Xbox was Microsoft's first attempt in the market and it did fairly well.

The poster, PRINCE_NineOne1, seems to be pretty trustworthy as he has a special VIP account, which IGN only gives to a select few. To most people, this may seem strange to be considered news, but it is important in that it shows developers have high hopes for the Revolution.

We'll bring you more information as it comes.

This was taken from DSRevolution.com

Well, that sounds bloody good, if true. I'm so excited for E3 now.

I haven't been onto the IGN forums to find where this post is, so if anyone has found it please feel free to post a link on this thread.

I'm getting really tired of people on forums/blogs claiming that 'Revolution is teh shit' or something like that. Even if they are devs, what does it matter?

I'm getting sick of the fact that whenever Nintendo release new info on the Revolution it always has something to do with America and Europe is left in the dark.

Back on Topic: This guy sounds trustworthy enough, although i didn't really think nintendo were going to pull another Gamecube next gen again either.

Back on Topic: This guy sounds trustworthy enough, although i didn't really think nintendo were going to pull another Gamecube next gen again either.

You know, I wouldnt be anywhere near as hyped and dying for news updates on the Revolution if it was just simply a power up over GameCube.

(Before anyone says its a souped up Cube graphics wise then Ill clarify that Im talking about the new gameplay potential)

Yeah, it's probably not going to be as bad as the Cube, but leading the console market again? I doubt it.

LOL! The way things are going (pricing wise), it wouldn't surprise me if Revo became market leader. It looks like your gonna need a big pay check to afford one of the other machines.

Actually this guy has said many Ubisoft related things before they were anounced, so he's trustworthy. Or so I've heard.

He is real. IGN also have a few other people from other companies that have

VIP that post sometimes.

If Big Tac says he's real I believe he is real : peace:

(I know I kiss major ass but wouldn't you?)

Nintendo will surprise many this coming generation I believe will see the return of the fallen Superpower.

Nintendo's always been number 1 in my book, no matter what anyone else says. But it'd be good to have them leading the market again so the ps3 and xbox fanboys can just shut up a bit and maybe even open their minds. The people I know are just so narrow-minded, their main argument against anything they dont own is just "it's shit". No reasons or anything, even when you ask why they think that. I don't mind people liking over things but just saying somethings bad purely because you've never played it is silly.

More good things to say from Ubisoft, nice. But more cryptic comments, "someone is back in the race". What does he know that we dont? only time will tell.

lurvvin' it lol :D

this is great stuff! really, may seems too bloomin' far away right now, that's an awful lot of mario kart ds wifi to be getting on with between now and then tho ;)

anyone read edge this month? i glanced (read: read thru a lot of it but never actually bought it coz i only had enough cash for NGC) thru its main feature on the "ps3 vs the world", and it had an awful lot to say for the nintendo system. nothing on its wifi abilities but then again they're unknown at this time, but edge have been "bigging up" nintendo and in my book that says an awful lot too :)

(now i'm away to buy it lol)

he first off says that he cant comment on who will win but then goes on to say someone is back in the race. well i am no mathematician but i can put 2 & 2 together and get 4. i can see nintendo cleaning up this time round.

Sign in to follow this