NEurope
drahkon

Furi (PC, PS4)

EDIT: Seems to be some sort of issue with 'Charged shots' and the game just doesn't want to recognise inputs on the R2 button, sometimes it'll work, other times, not at all. I don't appear to be the only one who has experienced this problem so hopefully the developers are on the case. A shame too, as the game did have potential.

During the first three fights I didn't have that problem. Then again, I don't really use the charged shots (even though the helped with the third boss).

Fought against the 4th boss once. I couldn't get the dodges right in the first close quarter combat phase :nono: I failed...

That OST is insane.

Did the second boss on my second attempt.

Then during the third boss fight I realised that the longer you hold the DODGE button, the further you dodge.

...That would have been helpful to know sooner.

EDIT: Seems to be some sort of issue with 'Charged shots' and the game just doesn't want to recognise inputs on the R2 button, sometimes it'll work, other times, not at all. I don't appear to be the only one who has experienced this problem so hopefully the developers are on the case. A shame too, as the game did have potential.

Some people having this problem suggested reassigning the charge shot to R1.

Did the second boss on my second attempt.

Then during the third boss fight I realised that the longer you hold the DODGE button, the further you dodge.

...That would have been helpful to know sooner.

Some people having this problem suggested reassigning the charge shot to R1.

Some people having this problem suggested reassigning the charge shot to R1.[/color]

Thanks! I didn't even think to look into remapping controls.

On that note, I contacted the devs on twitter last night and they are aware of the issue and are working on it, expecting a fix to ready in a few days.

Some people having this problem suggested reassigning the charge shot to R1.[/color]

Thanks! I didn't even think to look into remapping controls.

On that note, I contacted the devs on twitter last night and they are aware of the issue and are working on it, expecting a fix to ready in a few days.

Beat the fourth and fifth bosses just now.

This game is so intense. Especially the final phase of each boss. It ramps things up one last time just to make the final few slashes so much more rewarding than they already would've been. :cool:

[tweet]751025519374770176[/tweet]

YES PLEASE. Can't wait to give the OST proper go.

Beat the fourth and fifth bosses just now.

This game is so intense. Especially the final phase of each boss. It ramps things up one last time just to make the final few slashes so much more rewarding than they already would've been. :cool:

[tweet]751025519374770176[/tweet]

YES PLEASE. Can't wait to give the OST proper go.

The OST is up on Spotify. It's glorious.

Finished the game just now. The story is surprisingly deep in the end...

Got several secret trophies with the help of savegame backups, so I won't have to worry about them in the future.

Unlocked speedrun mode and the highest difficulty. Haven't tried both, yet, but apparently the bosses have more attacks in Furier mode...

I was close to getting an S rank on my first playthrough...I got KO'ed too much so it was an A rank :(

Oh well, next up is the speedrun mode.

I love Furi. I'll say it again: It's the perfect game for me. You always have to think about timing, execution, positioning and movement and everything is based on your skill. There is absolutely no luck and no bullshit involved. Every attack can be evaded/parried even when you haven't seen it before. It's beautifully designed and it requires no memorisation (I hate "difficulty" which is just based on whether you memorise a level/pattern or not...) but memorising certain patterns will help.

If you get hit it's your fault. And that makes it so much more rewarding when you land hits yourself and finally defeat a boss. :bowdown:

There are a couple of things that could use improvement: Screen tearing, lip sync is horrible, animations outside of the fight could be better, some textures are a bit bland.

But overall it's a great game. Not for everyone but objectively it's one of the best designed games in years. Really happy that we got it for free :)

Edited by drahkon

The OST is up on Spotify. It's glorious.

Finished the game just now. The story is surprisingly deep in the end...

Got several secret trophies with the help of savegame backups, so I won't have to worry about them in the future.

Unlocked speedrun mode and the highest difficulty. Haven't tried both, yet, but apparently the bosses have more attacks in Furier mode...

I was close to getting an S rank on my first playthrough...I got KO'ed too much so it was an A rank :(

Oh well, next up is the speedrun mode.

I love Furi. I'll say it again: It's the perfect game for me. You always have to think about timing, execution, positioning and movement and everything is based on your skill. There is absolutely no luck and no bullshit involved. Every attack can be evaded/parried even when you haven't seen it before. It's beautifully designed and it requires no memorisation (I hate "difficulty" which is just based on whether you memorise a level/pattern or not...) but memorising certain patterns will help.

If you get hit it's your fault. And that makes it so much more rewarding when you land hits yourself and finally defeat a boss. :bowdown:

There are a couple of things that could use improvement: Screen tearing, lip sync is horrible, animations outside of the fight could be better, some textures are a bit bland.

But overall it's a great game. Not for everyone but objectively it's one of the best designed games in years. Really happy that we got it for free :)

Edited by drahkon