NEurope
nekunando

Intimidating Games

Yeah, this is a series I would love to get into but i'm not sure it's a fit for me. I actually bought Lords of the Fallen earlier in the year, as I heard it's a good beginners Dark Souls game, but I have yet to play it.

Another game is Persona 4. I tried playing this years ago on the PS2. Everything was going ok ( well, apart from the stupidly slow start ) until the social linking stuff started to crop up. I felt completely overwhelmed with what I had to do and who I had to talk to. I was constantly worried that I would make the wrong choice, or miss/fail a class or something. I gave up playing it not long after.

Yeah I've waiting for Lords of the Fallen to drop in price. I should elaborate I have actually played Dark Souls and beaten one boss but I got stuck past there couldn't get any further. Going back to PS3 controller didn't help in some ways so if it's added to Xbox One backwards compatibility I may try it again as I own a Games with Gold copy.

Persona is actually another one for me as well. I have one of the PS2 classics sat on my PS3 that I've not even touched.

Lords of the Fallen is a crappy Dark Souls. It shamelessly lifts the mechanics and has a few ideas of its own, but nothing feels nearly as tight and polished as the From Software series. It's not a bad game, I recommend it, but I recommend the Souls games more highly. The first and third more so than the second (different director and some more questionable design choices.) and of course Bloodborne but it's playstyle is far quicker. Intimidating games but with patience or just plain stubbornness anyone can get through them.

Intimidating games to me, not necessarily JRPGs but anything that feels like it will be a huge investment of my time. I can have a hard time getting into/sticking with some of those games even if I greatly enjoy them. Less intimidated and more I try and split my time between too many things.