NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

OnePlus One - No invite needed

So it seems that for a limited time you can buy a OnePlus One phone without an invite - https://oneplus.net/uk

It seems like an amazing phone for the price. If I hadn't just bought a Xiaomi then I'd certainly consider this.

Specs

CPU - Qualcomm© Snapdragon™ 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPUs

GPU - Adreno 330, 578MHz

RAM - 3 GB LP-DDR3 at 1866MHz

Storage - 16/64 GB eMMC 5.0, available capacity varies

Battery - Embedded rechargeable 3100 mAh LiPo battery

Sensor - 13 Megapixel - Sony Exmor IMX 214

Anyone got any experience of this phone?

That phone sounds amazing, especially for the price. I'd buy it but I have a thing about wanting to keep phones for ages to get my money out of them. My Nexus 4 still seems pretty decent.

Ended up in a conversation about this last week as a guy had one - from the conversation going on everyone seemed to think it was an absolutely brilliant device for its price and what it does.

I've had it for a few weeks now; got it when they had their first batch of pre-orders in October and I had to wait a little longer for it to be sent to me here in Cairo. It's SO good that today I ordered two extra phones for my family members.

Even if you already have a phone, I highly recommend buying one or two and selling them online. Once the no-invite window is closed there will always be those clamoring to get their hands on the phone, even if they have to pay a little extra for it.

I've had absolutely no problems with it so far and I honestly haven't been this satisfied with a gadget in years. Maybe it's the satisfaction of having such a good value for money, I dunno. But that's not the point. The point is, you should buy this in a heartbeat. Don't let my excitement scare you away from it. BUY IT NOW.

And root it.

Always root your Android devices.

EDIT:

If you'd rather wait, rumor has it the Oneplus Two will be launching in Q2 of 2015. Not that great of an upgrade though. Reliable sources say the specs will be an upgrade to the CPU (Snapdragon 805) and a slight bump to the camera (18 megapixels). The 5.5-inch display and internal storage options (16 and 64 GB with no expandable SD slot) will remain the same.

There's even a Oneplus One Mini coming out, rocking a 5-inch display:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/oneplus-one-mini-2.jpg

oneplus-one-mini-1.jpg

oneplus-one-mini-2.jpg

Edited by arab_freak

Sign in to follow this