N-Europe

Computer cut out last night - eep!

nightwolf

So basically, playing my PC last night and it cut out. To describe it, it was like a power cut. But there was no power cut in my flat.

It kept attempting to turn back on, so I unplugged the power cable and re-plugged it back in.

Since then there's been no issues whatsoever (I even re-jigged all the wires inside and out to make sure and tidied it up a bit). Was it perhaps a loose cable?

More info:

1. My PSU has never over-heated (I touched the inside of the machine and read speedfan - my whole machine was cold when it went off and given I was playing an mmo if it had over-heated...)

2. Everything on the motherboard is fine, I can't see any overheating/popping etc on it.

Everything in the machine except the hdd and motherboard are basically brand new. Most of the common issues would mean the machine wouldn't have come back on..

Worrying over nothing perhaps? :blank:

If it's still working fine now then I'd say just forget about it. Perhaps keep monitoring temps so that if it happens again you can rule out overheating.

One thing I would do is check the capacitors on your motherboard to check that none of them are bulging, crooked, leaking or look rusty.

So far - nothing. I've not had over-heating since I removed my old 560 Ti card.

My capacitors are all fine, one of the first thing I checked. Which is why I'm so baffled, I can only think it was a loose cable or it was purely by accident. Never seen it happen before. :shakehead