NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 30: The End of History, The Era of One Champion

Congrats to Leeds and kippen! Amazing results for you guys these past few games.

Pleased with my finish almost snuck 2nd hehe

So when Ido we find out who we are playing?

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! Get in there! Let the real action begin. Congratulations to all my fellow qualifiers. I wish you all the best. MOT!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! Get in there! Let the real action begin. Congratulations to all my fellow qualifiers. I wish you all the best. MOT!!!!!

The crowd must have gone wild when you scored that penalty.

9 players with 16 or more in DV. 3 with 17. 2 with 18. Bring on the bonus matches :D Also won every award. Assuming it pays out per league and doesn't include the cup I will recieve a pretty nice econ bonus.

Assuming I will meet the 4th placed team, I guess it doesn't really matter who I meet. They are pretty much the same strenght wise, somewhat. Although avoiding skilled long term managers is probably for the best so I guess the preferred opponent is Russian Revolution or Coloccini. Coloccini looks slightly weaker.

Congrats to Leeds and kippen! Amazing results for you guys these past few games.

Pleased with my finish almost snuck 2nd hehe

So when Ido we find out who we are playing?

If it's like in the official league, by the time you wake up tomorrow.

Edited by Tales

9 players with 16 or more in DV. 3 with 17. 2 with 18. Bring on the bonus matches :D Also won every award. Assuming it pays out per league and doesn't include the cup I will recieve a pretty nice econ bonus.

Wow good DVs. It must be easier being a great team as all your players are good, you win more matches and form stays higher.

My new defender is injured and is stuck on 8 DV because he's missed a couple of games (1 due to me forgetting to pick him). I need to win my first KO match so he can play in the next one. Or play a lot of friendlies whilst the other matches are going on and hope he makes it to 10.

Very interesting reading the best average rating the elite four of eights, silver dale, yellow and inter out in front with ac, dud, Winston and rfc just behind.

I wonder if it is going to be an all elite four final or if someone might wreck the party.

Cool, hopefully you'll be pretty much there by now then. :)

All sorted :) sorry it's taken so long though! Been hellishly busy!

Aqui1a has thrown his toys out of the pram and is quitting. This messes up the friendly cup a bit so I guess @Esequiel's team get a default win for round 1.

Aqui1a has thrown his toys out of the pram and is quitting. This messes up the friendly cup a bit so I guess @Esequiel's team get a default win for round 1.

I told you why I was quitting, no need to be a whingey little dick about it.. I'm sure your league will survive without me.

Yeah, I'm leaving Xpert. I was unhappy with the new CL style format from the beginning as I thought it was unfair to teams who didn't qualify as they'd lose out on DV. Having not qualified, I'm even more unhappy with it.. haha. It's particularly annoying for me as I was building a team from the ground up with a load of youths... so yeah, it sucks, but I'm gonna call it a day! Sorry people!

I told you why I was quitting, no need to be a whingey little dick about it.. I'm sure your league will survive without me.

Yeah, I'm leaving Xpert. I was unhappy with the new CL style format from the beginning as I thought it was unfair to teams who didn't qualify as they'd lose out on DV. Having not qualified, I'm even more unhappy with it.. haha. It's particularly annoying for me as I was building a team from the ground up with a load of youths... so yeah, it sucks, but I'm gonna call it a day! Sorry people!

Don't leave. You were doing great and you were unfortunate to lose against me. Great. Am going out in the next round against Silverdale. Wonderful

Edited by Lucas3693

And I'll be going out against Winston Gardens :p

@dazzybee @Agent Gibbs I've taken out two teams that have quit (cube and Aqui1a) thinking it might allow me to accept your applications but it's only going to let me do it if you take over those teams. So we will definitely have to wait until the season ends (13th april) before I accept your applications so you can both have brand new teams :)

For everyone else, how long should we wait before starting the new season? The friendly cup will be over before the CL so there's no reason to wait - other than to let the new teams build their squads. How long would people be comfortable waiting for?

Damn man but it's only one season this is like the ultimate heel turn :(

Peeps with 999 you may want to keep a couple of dead teams in the lower league for training purposes unless we can find some teams quick we need 2 more now right?

The Familia FC - Eights United

Russian Revolution - DuDs Baggies

Coloccini FC - Intergalactico Stars

Kippen FC - Yellow Submarine

Leeds M.O.T - Silverdale Salmon

Hadens Legends - DRAGOOOOO

Lylat Wanderers - Winston Garden Lions

The Roger Federer Crew - AC Elites

Anyone want to be clever and work out who's playing who in terms of league position?

The Familia FC (4Sp) - Eights United (1Sp)

Russian Revolution (4St) - DuDs Baggies (1F)

Coloccini FC (4F) - Intergalactico Stars (1M)

Kippen FC (4M) - Yellow Submarine (1St)

Leeds M.O.T (3M) - Silverdale Salmon (2F)

Hadens Legends (3Sp) - DRAGOOOOO (2St)

Lylat Wanderers (3F) - Winston Garden Lions (2Sp)

The Roger Federer Crew (3St) - AC Elites (2M)

Anyone want to be clever and work out who's playing who in terms of league position?

Looks pretty interesting. Quite unlucky for Familia to get drawn against Eights when they were in the same league!

Hadens Legends vs Dragooooo

Steve-Austin-vs-The-Rock-Wrestlemania-17.jpg

This is @Haden vs @Fierce_LiNk

It is the story of an admin who gave everything to a manager he knew could one day be champ. This manager at the cusp of his potential then decided to stick two fingers up to authority and go out in a blaze of glory rather than stay and please the former admin. It is the end of the battle between Haden and Fierce Link.

Flinky: A couple of seasons ago I told the admin to take xpert and shove it I got tired of sitting on my ass playing a computer game everyone said.

Haden: Flinky took his ball and went home after all the hours I PM'd him and coached him in the game.

Flinky: I didn't bring your PM's I brought my tactics I guarantee this last run will be my best.

Haden: I am here to confront your whiny, failed potential ass Flinky do you remember the last two times we met in the league?

Flinky: I beat you not once but twice.

Haden: Flinky what you don't understand is this I have done it all in this game I am a three time league winner, I have been unbeaten in a league, won the cup but there is one thing I haven't done. Brought a manager into the league and then when he turns his back on all of us booted him the hell out of the league!

This is showtime right now it is not about titles, it is not about dev this is personal.

Flinky: You're scared I see it and I can damn sure feel it in your tactics.

This is like a cancer in the soul of Haden he has to be the one to get rid of Flinky.

For Flinky this is his chance to prove himself at the top of his game and walk out of xpert a winner by beating the man who brought him in.

It'll be Haden. It'll be Flinky one on one in the Champions League knockout my god!

You will be missed man

Edited by Haden

The first four are 1st against 4th. The rest are 2nd against 3rd.

Appearently, you can meet someone from your own league. Both me and Familia played in the Special League, placing 1st and 4th respectively.

Edit: Appearently I'm also late to the party :p

I got 2.3 million? Anyway, it will come in good use someday. Got almost 9 million in total but still only 5th in the table.

I scooped up all the Star League prizes, I almost feel guilty about it.

Kippen is going to be a tough match. I think Charlie's got a decent record against me so I need to be careful and not mess up my tactics.

At this stage though, anyone can be anyone.

The Death of Kings: Xpert 11 Season 30 the Knockout Stages

the_hollow_crown_-_richard_ii.jpg

Lets talk of endings, of retirements, of final seasons

Write sorrow in our PR's

Let us post in this forum

And tell sad stories of the death of managers

How some have retired, some been knocked out, some dirty tricked, some inactivated by a team they deposed, some lacking youth, some with no form.

All out of the last 16

Tactics cannot help you now

No goalie couldn't keep me out

I don't want your econs

I don't want your title

See I've come to knock you out

Holy water cannot help you now

See I've come to burn your kingdom down

And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out

I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

Seven devils all around me!

Seven devils in my house!

See they were there when I woke up this morning

I'll be dead before the day is done

Seven devils all around you

Seven devils in your house

See I was dead when I woke up this morning

I'll be dead before the day is done

Before the day is done

Why is Zell remembered?

He is remembered because he won Season 27.

His young team against the all conquering Eights.

The hope of Eights United being the first modem team to win three league titles in a row destroyed in two months.

That victory made him famous.

It made him immortal

tumblr_m7gtvmx8AQ1qdwrnqo1_1280.jpg

The only tie that is a rematch from the leagues sees the Familia against Eights. This is a harsh tie for the Familia but a potentially tricky one for Eights who beat the Familia twice 3-1 and 2-1 but did not utterly dominate in the way many thought they would. The Familia are a team who excel in defence and offence but are sub standard in midfield. Gibbs and Jerimo are one of the best GK defender combos in xpert at the moment and the same could be said up front with Kingston and Auffret, however in midfield Eights will dominate them without question. Beck has been on fire for Eights but the form of Granas has been something else he has been the player of the tourney so far with 16 goals and 6 assists. Eights do not really have any weaknesses and will want to play a dominant game without doing anything reckless and they should win this one by a couple of goals, still keep an eye on this tie it will be interesting.

Prediction: Eights 3-1 The Familia

These two sides haven't met for a year which really paints the picture of the rise of DuDs and decline of RR. However RR have come back in recent seasons to be a force of their own. They beat out Madpool for the 4th spot and have a world class striker in Alderton and some key veterans who help their youthful squad in every position. However this will surely not be enough against DuD who have one of the most impressive defensive records in this tourney and have a rock solid squad from top to bottom. They have their top two midfielders potentially out for the next game with suspensions and injuries but DuD may welcome this as his young midfielders should be able to deputize and win this game regardless. Look for Shearer to shine here and add to his tally.

Prediction: RR 0-3 DuDs Baggies

This may be mission impossible for Coloccini as they set out to defeat Inter in what looks to be a hopeless task. Inter after a shaky start are on a fantastic run of form with 7 wins on the go and taking the title of a very competitive group. What makes this so hard apart from anything else is the defense of Inter Rocky, Carlos, Benoit, Ramos the list goes on these are defenders who do not give chances away. Coloccini have a side who are doing well but are still being developed to get to that next level with Haslop being the only world class player in the team. However the team has a good manager and this is a great chance for them to play against a top tier team and learn something from the game.

Prediction: Coloccini 0-3 Inter

Of all the 1st vs 4th games this is the most intriguing. After a great start Kippen faltered slightly and got into a huge scrap for that 4th place qualification position. They managed it through grit and determination, they are a hard as nails side to play who have a physical style. The scars of their journey show with one defender an injury doubt and 5 players a yellow card from suspension. Bedford and Herriot will need to be on top form but the manager will have to get his tactics dead on to win this one. This is because they are against Yellow Submarine who after a shaky start won their group and are adept at making chances with Delipiano and Viana masters at carving open defenses. They know Kippen will come out to batter them and close up shop so they will need to play smart football and make their chances count forcing Kippen to come back and counter. Could be closer than it looks.

Prediction: Kippen FC 1-2 Yellow Submarine

This tie is an interesting one as it sees two teams who performed above and below their expectations at the start of the group stages. Leeds were seen as many as the victim in the group of death but made it through on the last day in a thriller against Aquila All Stars. They are a confident small side who go out and attack their opponents with formations that don't always prioritize control but rather goals. Jarvie, Howson and Pispek can be a real handful with Pispek already netting 8 goals. Silverdale need to win this game in midfield and then finish it with the chances they make with Wacek and da Luz they have midfielders who have won the top league and can play under pressure. Calderwood can provide the firepower up front and I expect this to be an exciting game but one that Silverdale will win.

Prediction: Leeds M.O.T 2-5 Silverdale Salmon

This is a game where the odds from the bookmakers will be tight as it is either teams to win. Legends are starting to come into their own in midfield with Conden, Burlett and Walters hitting their stride but their defence is sometimes wishy washy and they rely on Mallett for their attacking force. What is more they are without Mulholland in midfield and have injury issues as well. Dragooooo performed very well in the league above expectations in their final season as they destroyed many opponents with Iacapino really hitting his stride with 7 assists however their defence will really miss the suspended Pesiro. This is always a good fixture that Dragooooo has edged in recent times. This one could go either way so I am predicting a draw.

Prediction: Hadens Legends 2-2 Dragooooo

The Wanderers made steady progress in their group this season and while always down playing their chances have top league credentials and are in for a shout in this game. What will be important will be allowing Phelan or Pilgrim or potentially both to play the game they want and set up some chances for what is a very capable strike force. At the back Wanderers are very solid so hopefully they will be adventurous and try and stop Winston dictating this game from the start as Lylat cannot afford to sit back. Winston after a shaky start came back and took 2nd place in their group they are another team like DuD who have no real weak spots and another side who you could see as a dark horse to win this competition. Their attack is fast paced and Akera is full of creativity for Winston they need to slow this game down and be methodical they have the stronger side so they need to not take to many risks and make it through to the last 8. Winston have a savvy manager and I can't see him losing this one but it could be close.

Prediction: Lylat Wanders 1-2 Winston Garden Lions

If I was only allowed to watch one game in the knockouts it would be this one which is a fantastic looking contest. RFC have looked good but not magnificent this season with their small team sometimes failing to kill of the big games but they did well in a strong group. They are an attacking side at heart with Sauber and Fosatti being the focal point of their midfield but the entire team seems a threat taking away the goalies only two of the team didn't make an assist this season while only three didn't score. On the other side is the juggernaut that is the Elites while they failed to win the group they looked good and imposed their will on many a team. They are well set for penalties if it came to that with several players being ice cool and Gurdsuk in his last season leads a fantastic defense. The Elites are the favorites for this one but I have a sneaking suspicion this will go to penalties.

Prediction: RFC 1-1 AC Elites

Edited by Haden

Better double check that penalty kicker. Or do they cycle through several players like in real football?

It should be noted that winning the tie is more than just advancing to the quarterfinals. Failing to win will most likely send you to middle league. Safe to assume 8 of 9 Elite League spots are reserved for the quarterfinalists, while the best loser in the round of 16 gets the last one.

interview-new-logo.jpg

*Questions conducted three gameweeks ago before group positions were certain.

Today on the Inter View we have the manager of another growing force in the N-Europe leagues - Malagi of Coloccini FC. Welcome to the show!

Thanks for having me here; it’s nice to be back.

Question 1) Currently ranked as the 16th strongest team in N-E, you're in the bracket of many other improving & developing teams in the middle tier of the N-Euro hierarchy with bags of potential and youth coming through. However, with so many other teams in a similar position, how do you go about pushing onward and upwards and keeping a step ahead of the pack in your quest for breaking into the Top 10?

Breaking into the Top 10 is certainly on the agenda, but we’re still quite some distance away from it. Right from the off we decided against ‘buying success’ and went for a long-term strategy, so being in 16th is a decent achievement for us. We believe that our current methods are slowly starting to pay dividends, and will continue to do so. Criticism has come our way with our youth policy, but with perseverance and patience, we’re starting to win over our doubters.

I genuinely believe we have one of the strongest youth setups in N-E at the moment and this, in my opinion, is what gives us a slight advantage over the teams around us. Our average age is 23, which is the lowest in N-E. We just need to make sure our form remains high and that our DVs are high enough to further improve our squad.

Question 2) I see you're managing three other teams on Xpert, does this act as a distraction and lead to mistakes with missed training and forgetting tactics or would you say it helps your understanding of the game, giving you a chance to experiment in many different scenarios, helping you to hone your managerial skills?

If anything, I’d say it helps massively; especially in terms of understanding the game. My two other private league teams follow a similar mould to my N-E team in terms of building a team that revolves around the development of youth. I have experimented more in the other leagues though, but I’ve been more cautious in N-E as I consider my Coloccini team to be my main project.

My Official team has a blend of high skilled players and youth. It’s a good challenge to juggle them around to ensure I have the right balance of youth and experience. It’s also nice to play the game from that perspective.

With that said, it was a struggle at first to remember doing the form training for each team and setting tactics and such, but more so the fact I couldn’t remember which players I had in which teams etc!!

It no longer feels like a chore to set tactics for each of the teams now though… and of course it helps that they are mostly played on different days and that the seasons start and finish at different times too. That keeps everything fresh and I certainly haven’t lost any interest in Xpert. If anything I’m pretty hooked on it! Damn you @The Peeps!!!

Question 3) The 4th place qualification spot in the group stage of the Champions League seems most probable for your team now in the Flower League. Looking at other potential 4th place finishers in Russians/Madpool, Familia, Kippen/Leeds and presuming the draw is random and not strongest vs weakest, who would you like to face in the next round and how far do you see yourself going? Are you enjoying the Champions League format this season and would you like to see it again?

Our target before the Champions League started was to qualify for the knock-out stages and looking at our group we’re very happy to achieve it. We knew it would be tough, but we secured it with 2 games to spare.

Looking ahead, it would be nice if we could get through our next game and into the Quarter-Finals but it all goes down to the luck of the draw. We’ll be viewed as one of the weakest teams left in this competition so we’re under no pressure and ultimately have nothing to lose.

Who would we like to face? We don’t really have a preference. I’d like to think that we’re a good cup side and if memory serves, we’ve previously reached the semis and also the final of the N-E Cup, so we know what it takes. It’s a whole different ball game though, but we’re ready to give it our best shot!

Any final words...

Don’t underestimate me as giant killings have been known to happen…

I'll bear that in mind...as fate would have it, our two sides have now been drawn against each other in the first knock-out round! Good luck...there will be no mercy! :p

The Inter View list:-

Peeps

Yellow Subs

Aquila

Haden

Coloccini

Winston

Great interview Nikos really enjoyed this series in line with the cup being a focus.

After Winston I would be happy to Inter-View you if you like? :D

Do you have any new blood for xpert btw? I chatted to the former Seahawks manager the other day but sadly he seems a lost cause...

Great interview Nikos really enjoyed this series in line with the cup being a focus.

After Winston I would be happy to Inter-View you if you like? :D

Do you have any new blood for xpert btw? I chatted to the former Seahawks manager the other day but sadly he seems a lost cause...

Cheers dawg, it's been fun conducting them! Yeah defo, that'll be awesome :)

I've exhausted all my options unfortunately, having brought 7 or 8 people to the league already. Could try Mikal again but he's never liked the idea in the past when I've tried to sell it to him.