NEurope
RedShell

Charlie Brooker's How Videogames Changed the World

Firstly, I think the list is fine. Most of us have been so mind bogglingly exposed to these titles over time and similar lists that Charlie's one seems quite dull by comparison.

Basically this.

I was initially a bit disappointed by the show and it's list of games, but then I remembered the show was mainly about huge games that had impact outside of the games industry. As good as games like Zelda are, they didn't really have any impact on anything other than the games industry.

It's similar to when they mentioned Tomb Raider being the first game to feature a female protagonist. They skipped over Metroid because no one outside the gaming community would have heard about her/it had no impact on the outside world at the time.

SotC was an iffy choice since it didn't really make a huge impact, although I think it used more as a commentary on the state of (relatively) modern gaming. It showed that games are getting more mature and are capable of creating complex, emotional scenarios. I may be biased though, since SotC is pretty much my favourite game ever.