N-Europe

Small Wii U Update Live

Hero-of-Time

Exactly, it's mildly amusing seeing peoples posts but ultimately pointless, it COULD be amazing; especially when miiverse posts tie into challenges and such; rather than loads of randoms going "I LOVE MARIO KART!!!!!" Under the mario kart game if all the posts were challenges set by your friends and such it would be amazing; have a look go directly to it. Perfect.

I'd prefer 10 each of you guys then all the randoms... maybe keep a few, but it's such a weird waste of time and energy and resources it's bizarre. It's almost, ALMOST as pointless as the game notes feature on the 3DS...

Exactly, it's mildly amusing seeing peoples posts but ultimately pointless, it COULD be amazing; especially when miiverse posts tie into challenges and such; rather than loads of randoms going "I LOVE MARIO KART!!!!!" Under the mario kart game if all the posts were challenges set by your friends and such it would be amazing; have a look go directly to it. Perfect.

I'd prefer 10 each of you guys then all the randoms... maybe keep a few, but it's such a weird waste of time and energy and resources it's bizarre. It's almost, ALMOST as pointless as the game notes feature on the 3DS...

I think what you're trying to say is that Miiverse has lots of untapped potential perhaps?

Yes, at the moment it may mostly be being used for standard 'this game is great!!11!11!' comments but I think that by the time Mario Kart 8 comes out we are sure to see things like those challenges you mentioned getting integrated into Miiverse, even before that being able to share your in-game Pikmin 3 screenshots is pretty damn awesome! :D

So no, Miiverse isn't all it can be but give it some time and who knows? :)

Really? I don't recall anything like this to the point where we even talked about it when I was back at SEGA, as we were shocked how ok everyone was with the fact that a game could just slip past schedule.

Do you recall anything particular? And I'm not talking about localisation... Nintendo of Europe have a reputation for being poor at that until more recently.

I'd be interested to see an answer to this too. I used to buy the mags and follows the dates, and the one I can recall being significant enough to almost make me cry was probably OoT.

I'm also with you on the subject of delays. I just don't get them from Nintendo's part. There's nothing to cause it except poor management, or over-eagerness in dating games - either one shows a poor understanding of the game development process which they should be frickin' gods of by now, they're not new to the business. I just don't find it acceptable from them, tbh. All factors of control are in their own hands.

Turning it into a challenge arena of sorts is definitely a direction they should take. You sit down to wii u, check/see miiverse...BAM! Playing a game you weren't going to, tryin to beat challenges, setting your own, perpetuating the system itself.

Absolutely. Game & Wario's Miiverse sketch minigame is a concept that needs to be expanded to Mariokart and other future titles. If you got an automatic miiverse post after every time trial for instance, with separate miiverse boards for every track, I think that would broaden the appeal and keep people playing it. A bit like Need For Speed's awesome Autolog.