NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Civilization V: Brave New World

I have bought Civ V and may consider purchasing this expansion before I start actually playing, it actually has a lot of options in it I would like to utilise. It's definitely a bit pricey though, and it's throwing more content onto an already prodigious mountain I am unlikely to fully scale. I'll think on it.

Okay, after learning a bit more about the series, plus the fact that this expansion has both Portugal and Brazil, it made me really want to try this.

Now, since I was always bad at understanding how expansions work, I'd like to ask: Do I actually need to buy Civ V, and then this expansion (so, 40+30 Euros)? Or is there a cheaper way to play this (like a pack or something)?

Have you played these games before?

I tried Civ 4 once on a recommendation, but I wasn't really in the mood for it back then. Probably didn't give it a proper chance.

Yeah, you need to have the basic game (Civ V) before getting any expansions. However, it seems that the Gods & Kings expansion is not mandatory as the BNW seems to include all of its improvements except for the civilizations unique to that.

Anyway, the Steam summer sale should be coming up soon so I'm pretty sure Civ V and G&K will be on sale again. The basic game has been 75% off for a few times already, and that's how I got it in January as well. Thus I'd say wait for that, will save you money.

Thank you for all of that :) If the Steam sales are after July, I'll definitely be able to purchase that, and the price seems reasonable enough (I really wouldn't be able to try Civ until I left Weimar, anyway)

I will buy the Gold Pack, but I already have Civilization V. Just wanted the Gods And Kings expansion, but it costs 15€ alone. Paying 5 more won't hurt.

Will I get Civ V to give away?

If so, you can have mine @Jonnas

Edit: Sorry, won't work. I won't get a copy to give away. That means, I won't buy the expansion pack. :p

Edited by drahkon

If you wanna buy something, go straight for the BNW expansion. It has all the new gameplay mechanics of G&K in it, just not the civs...

Will wait for a price drop. 30€ is a bit too much.

And the Steam summer sale is on. Civilization V Gold Edition 50% off, i.e. 19,99€. Offer ends on July 22nd.

Dayumn, I literally created my Steam account yesterday :o And right on the day I learned I spent more money than originally planned on other stuff... And my connection has a download limit (which I have to deal with until August)

They have a BNW demo coming soon, I may try to give that a whirl. If not, yeah, Gold sounds good to try out.

@drahkon: So, that means you can't sell me the Civ 5 you have? Just making sure :heh:

@drahkon: So, that means you can't sell me the Civ 5 you have? Just making sure :heh:

I can't give you a thing, sorry :p

I can't give you a thing, sorry :p

Thanks anyway :heh:

Also, you don't need to spend 15€ on Gods and Kings. If I understand the Civ 5 page correctly, you can upgrade to Gold for 5€ if you already have the original game.

Also, you don't need to spend 15€ on Gods and Kings. If I understand the Civ 5 page correctly, you can upgrade to Gold for 5€ if you already have the original game.

Oh, didn't see that. Sweet. Thanks :)

@Jonnas Well you can always buy it in advance. I mean it's an electronical library, so you can install it whenever you want.

...Nice! :hehe: Now I just need to convince myself to spend those 20€ (hopefully at a time when Steam isn't crashing all the time)

I know! But Steam keeps telling me "The purchase could not be completed" :( Doesn't even tell me why!

EDIT: Nevermind, had to do with the fact that I had to introduce my German address because Steam recognized my current country as Germany... despite the fact that it shouldn't really matter (my credit card is Portuguese, plus I'm returning next month)

Sign in to follow this