NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

3DS Cartridge popping out.

So Yeah.....I was playing some eshop games last night when my copy of resident evil revelations just popped out of cartridge slot completely unpressed and untouched. Proper freaked me out, this ever happened to anyone else?

Nope, never happened to me. Maybe your cart wasn't in properly?

Nope, never happened to me. Maybe your cart wasn't in properly?

Thing is it's been in for weeks! I put it on when I bought it but spent so much time on eshop games just not touched it.

Ah, maybe its been jigged out of its position over time? perhaps after taking it out of a case or pocket or bag etc.

Although it's never happened on my 3DS, it's happened quite a lot on my DS lite, especially for cartridges that haven't been taken out for a while.

Basically, all the subtle pressures applies to the cartridge over the weeks ends up coming loose of the little cartridge lock in the cartridge slot (the reason for the little gap on the back right of the cartridge above the contacts), thus the cartridge can slide out as it if was a very loose gameboy colour/advance cartridge.

It might be a problem with the little lock inside your 3DS getting weaker, kind of like my DS lite. But it's rare for a cartridge to just pop out, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think with that problem you have to go into the 3DS Console Settings and take it off Toast Mode..

People have been clamouring for a toaster in their consoles for years now and then when Nintendo build the function subtly into their latest handheld hardware people complain ::shrug:

I, for one, love a cartridge of toast with my Yoshi egg every morning!

Actually yeah, it happens to me a fair bit when im carrying my 3DS to and from work, im not sure if its taking small impacts in my bag causing it to pop out or if its just sitting at a funny angle. Dosent happen everytime but maybe once a week or something.

Sign in to follow this