N-Europe

Next-Gen Racers

Daft

Dude, that's PGR. Aim for corner at 200mph, handbrake, turn and glide. That's how I play it. It's a game of beautiful parabolas. I'd say it was like a weightier version of Blur but it's definitely easy...but then I've owned every iteration of it since it was MSR on the Dreamcast.

Until PGR3 I'd played all of them using the front bumper camera...which sounds insane now I remember it.

I suck at 'real' driving games.

Edited by Daft

Ah. Handbrake. That's probably what I was doing wrong, and why I was getting a maximum of 12m on the drifting challenges.

I do remember doing at least one "year", so it can't be that bad - it's just the frustration of my inability to do the drifting that's my strongest memory.

I hardly ever used the actual brake. Until I realised that I need it for a better racing line.

It might be one of those games that needs to click. I always kept in mind the early tag line; 'It's not about how fast you drive, it's about how you drive fast.' Basically, look awesome.

When this magical currently non-existent game is released we should 'race' online and I'll teach you the art of car throwing.

Edited by Daft