N-Europe

PC Blue Screening

Retro_Link

Hey guys *currently having to type from my PS3 controller!!!!*

So have a 6-7 year old Dell PC... every time I turn it on today it now goes straight to a blue screen error message.

At the start of the day I could atleast start it in Safe Mode, whereby I uninstalled some programmes to try and free some space... but cant even start it in that mode anymore, its almost instantaneous blue screen.

It seems a very short general one too, doesn't mentionany specific problems ... and even if it did I cant now seem to get anywhere to do anything.

I dont really know what i'm doing when it comes to computers, is there anything I can try doing, or is it basically call someone out/new PC time?

Cheers guys!

You could get the STOP code from the BSOD, that should tell you the problem and how it can be fixed. STOP codes are in the format of 0x00000001 or something similar (can also contain letters, but should always begin 0x).

If you can't find it then try taking a picture and posting it here.

EXAMPLE:

BSOD_Main.png

You can see the STOP codes about a third the way from the bottom, under "Technical information". They should look something like that.

Before this have you recently installed any new hardware or drivers? If you can get into system restore (you should have a Dell disk that you can boot from) then you can try rolling back any drivers.

Have you ever overclocked it or changed any other BIOS settings? If so go into your BIOS and reset them.

If neither of the above then it might be that your RAM has failed. Firstly check if it's installed properly. If you have some spare RAM lying around to test it then try that.