NEurope
Wii

Ubisoft's Uplay app

When Ubisoft’s Uplay application launches on Wii U, you’ll be able to download it through the eShop. The program itself allows gamers to earn units that can be used to receive rewards including new characters, maps, skins, and weapons.

Once the app is on your system, you can either log in to an existing account or create a new one. Making an account looks simple enough – there are screenshots of the process above.

Details about the Uplay app are as follows:

- Load the app and choose a game

- This allows you to discover exclusive services and rewards

- Earn Uplay units by completing specific Actions

- 4 Actions per game to unlock as you progress

- Select the Actions box to see what you’ve earned and learn how to earn each one

- Redeem Units to earn Rewards

- Choose the Rewards box to see details of already-owned Rewards and find out what you can unlock next

- Choose the Games box and discover more Actions and Rewards for all Ubisoft games you own

- Username: Shows Uplay username, personal quote and number of Units available

- Press the “+” button to view, edit and change your profile

- News: Keep up to date with upcoming Ubisoft releases and new downloadable content

- 6. Uplay TV, Friends & Shop: “Coming soon!”

- 4 Actions, 4 Rewards, 100 Units per game

- Can redeem units earned from one game and use them for another

- Can show list of actions and rewards

- Uplay option should appear in the main menu of the game

- You’ll then be notified when you’ve earned units while playing

- You can always see what Rewards are available by using Uplay on all your devices (Mobiles, Tablets, Consoles, PC or Web)

- Uplay in game reward: Find more details about the Actions and Rewards available in your Wii U games here

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5-1_en.jpg

5-2_en.jpg

5-3_en.jpg

5-4_en.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

app_work_img1_en.jpg

app_work_img2_en.jpg

app_work_img3_en.jpg

app_work_img4_en.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/107032/uplay-wii-u-screenshots-and-details/

http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/about/wiiu

Edited by Wii

This is something i've never really been bothered about on the other consoles, due to having to log in on a laptop or PC or check the details. Having it directly on my console has made me VERY interested in this. It's like achievements but you actually get some unlockables. :D

"if you're still alive, meet here next Wednesday" - ZombiU dev note

Screen-shot-2012-11-27-at-2_34_30-PM.png

I could be wrong but I think it might have something to do with this. Even though the app isn't up on the eShop yet, it's definitely coming very soon.

Assassin's Creed 3 is always trying to get me to sign up for this. For some reason I feel a strong aversion to signing up, even though it doesn't cost a penny. There's just something about the way the game keeps being all, "look, free stuff! Just sign up for a free account to access it" that makes me think, "eh, I don't want it that badly."

Its out now, just downloaded it myself.

Thanks I will download it when I get the Wii U

So, let me get this straight. This is an Achievements system that actually gives more substantial rewards (instead of being just bragging rights)... and it's only used by Ubisoft games?

This sounds pretty cool, actually. I hope the service can extend for more companies besides Ubisoft.

Ive used it before on the Xbox and its a way better achievement/goal system than the standard one on there. It gives you access to extra costumes, levels and depending on the game, weapons but it makes you work for them. I have to say not, none of the goals are ever unachieveable, but they are almost always things like "reach x point in the game" rather than just killing a random amount of enemies. I signed into it a few hours ago on the WiiU, actually looks a lot better than the version im used to.

Wow, way to not use the touchscreen guys!

Haha, I was wondering why the touchscreen wasn't working. It didn't use it :p

Wow, way to not use the touchscreen guys!

Yeh, very annoying. Hopefully that'll change!