Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The serial number sticker on my 3DS slowly wears off

are1981

The serial number sticker on my 3DS slowly wears off during use. When holding the 3DS comfortably, both my middle fingers tend to move slightly along the sticker's edges. If my 3DS lose its serial number sticker, it will void its warranty, and I assume also my Norwegian consumer rights.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep. Happened with my old DS too, can't recall if it's happened with the lite. They have a really pants plastic coating on the serial, combined with it essentially being WHERE YOU WILL REST YOUR FINGERS LIKE ALL THE TIME additionall5y combined with slipping in and out of pockets - it might well be worn off within the year. Only thing I can advise is write down the serial/take a picture of it, just as a backup. Not sure where you'll stand on the warranty issue if it's rubbed off, but if you still have the serial number somewhere it might help to make a case if neccessary.

(speak of the devil! as i typed this I got a text from nintendo to say my repair has been initiated. I can't recall my console's exact condition now, but I think I managed to still read the serial when I requested the repair; though there were certainly signs of it eventually wearing away)

I am actually thinking of taking my 3DS to the shop I bought it, and kindly demand a replacement, because of its flaws, that the label is not supposed to come off during normal use.

You have an ENORMOUS amount of time to spare, have you considered getting some kind of life?