NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

YouTube channel (Out now in US, other countries in a few months)

Google has released a YT channel for the Wii in the US

Designed for the big screen and Wii Remote, the new YouTube app for Nintendo Wii brings the YouTube videos and channels you love to your TV. Wii owners in the U.S. can download the app today from the Nintendo Wii Shop Channel, and we’re bringing the app to more countries in the coming months.

http://youtube-global.blogspot.co.uk/

xs3qc_IqQf9P-4S3wU2htUZ3AiSCj1gpxCIKYpbs6SG4bEAGBGWVY0zHnYLfMHGyVQH2jBoHrPt-f9EnFINtRh0yPZgZVNbcrTb09qzIDeEzrb3PINQ

pOYOg4Kt_1RJyai274kyYeH2xfp482Dxswq4MjIIdKwqo0j0zIx8EDh59YfAKYRsmf7jLpWjFqzjthiiOyYC0E5Gsh29bbV2BjxQWSPsrNcfpHvTLUA

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/built-in-entertainment/#/youtube

Edited by Helmsly

So that means that Emily Rogers was right after all! (and that also means that a 3DS Youtube app is coming next year! FINALLY! I'll at last be able to watch Youtube 3D videos! :D)

Still, WTF!? Why now of all times, a scant few days before the Wii gets replaced by its successor? Just a bit late to the party there! :laughing:

So that means that Emily Rogers was right after all! (and that also means that a 3DS Youtube app is coming next year! FINALLY! I'll at last be able to watch Youtube 3D videos! :D)

Still, WTF!? Why now of all times, a scant few days before the Wii gets replaced by its successor? Just a bit late to the party there! :laughing:

lol yeah, just bad timing on google's part I guess, the PS3 only got its Youtube app a couple of months ago. technically the Wii has had Youtube for the past six years though, through the Wii browser. And from 2009, when you went to YT you'd get a optimized version for consoles called youtube XL.

Edited by Helmsly

lol yeah, just bad timing on google's part I guess, the PS3 only got its Youtube app a couple of months ago. technically the Wii has had Youtube for the past six years though, through the Wii browser. And from 2009, when you went to YT you'd get a optimized version for consoles called youtube XL.

Yeah, that new XL site is absolutely awful! Hated it ever since they switched it.

The PS3 app is also awful, but mostly because of the interface (performance wise, it's much better than the website in the console's browser).

I've yet to try the Wii one (I've got a US Wii), but the interface looks far better than the PS3's one - just a shame it came so late!

If it had arrived two years ago, I would've been happy to see it (I can think of tons of occasions where it would've come in handy). Now though, I'm more looking forward to the 3DS one and the Wii U's native web browser (both of which will be a godsend!)

Edit: Just tried it. The interface itself is a bit laggy and nasty looking, but it works well enough (and is much easier to use than the PS3 one, thanks to the pointer). Videos load fine and just work, no nasty buffering or stuttering throughout.

Hope they use the standard 3DS software keyboard for the 3DS version though. Google's own one is rubbish.

I also want a vertical scrolling list (preferably spread across both screens). That crappy little bottom bar doesn't show enough per page.

Edited by Dcubed

seems to be up in Europe on the Wii shop now, I just downloaded it. I like it, i didn't seem to have any lag, i was actually really surprised by how fast it was. I wish this had come out easier in the Wii's life as I used to browse YT on the internet browser all the time.

Edited by Helmsly

I haven't downloaded the Wii one yet but judging by these screens it looks pretty good, hopefully it's better than the awful Wii U one.

Sign in to follow this