NEurope
Serebii

Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labrynth

The first images of CoroCoro has been revealed, showing a new game for the 3DS coming this winter called Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labrynth. It's coming to Japan this year. In this game, you start off as a character who turns into Pikachu as you fall into a dream. Partner Pokémon are Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig. This game is in full 3D. Unlike past games, this game appears to be standalone, rather than having two versions

It features a variety of Pokémon including Pokémon from Unova such as Gurdurr, Hydreigon and Virizion. You receive Quest Requests from Dunsparce, Cofagrigus runs a store, to which we don't know the details. Rampardos runs the Treasure Store. Kecleon returns, having the usual Goods store, with many items around it.

Finally, it has an Augmented Reality feature. If you scan things, they become Magnagates, which open up paths to new dungeons for you

Edited by Grazza

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been waiting too long for this! I loved the DS games! :bouncy:

I swear, this had better come out over here (unlike a certain Wii Ware Pokemon game that shall remain unnamed...)

Kinda wish they were going with sprites though. The DS games had a nice charm about them; oh well ::shrug:

OMG YES! Looks amazing!!! (also confirms that Chunsoft are making it - as if there was any doubt)

Very faithful to the DS games (awesome 2D portrait images and all!) while simultaneously taking advantage of all 3D has to offer in terms of presentation with the cutscenes and such. All the old sound effects are still there and that theme song, HNNGGGHHH!!!

GIMME! NOW!!!

I absolutely love the graphics - definitely looks like the upgrade the PMD games have needed for so long (though the gameplay will probably be just as tedious as before) - but...

only five starters/partners?!

Maybe it's high time I got into this spin-off series.

Which of the previous DS games would you guys recommend?

Maybe it's high time I got into this spin-off series.

Which of the previous DS games would you guys recommend?

Blue Rescue Team (the 1st game) and Explorers of Sky (the enhanced re-release of the 2nd game - think Pokemon Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum)

The stories dont carry on from one another, so you don't have to play the 1st game first, but I'd still recommend doing so as you'll appreciate the changes made in the sequel much moreso (plus the sequel is more complex and content packed than the 1st one, so Blue Rescue Team will ease you in moreso)

Cool I can't wait for this game and it's the second Pokemon game in 3D on the 3DS cool

November 23rd in Japan on both retail and eShop

boxbig.jpg

Edited by Serebii

A load of new screenshots and info

Lugia and Ho-Oh are major Pokémon within the narrative (accessed via Magnagates), along with Kyurem. The main hub area in the game is known as the Pokémon Paradise and features a variety of new Pokémon who provide many amenities and items. A new feature in the town is V-Roulette, run by Victini, which will get you higher ranked Pokémon through the V-Wave. Scraggy will allow you to forget and/or remember various moves. Azumarill runs the noticeboard where all the missions are given.

In addition to this, you're able to build up Pokémon Paradise to your own specifications as you go on, setting up stores with various PokémonWith Pansage, you have the ability to grow various berries to aid you on your quest. Quagsire is used to check upon the status of the Pokémon you have befriended, and set you to have them join you in the next dungeon. Beartic provides you with a small mini-game to play where you need to shoot discs across some ice to get it in a hole.

There's an Everyone Attack mode where all Pokémon 's heart beams are collected. The effect differs depending on your main character's type but it can do massive damage. There are also special Team Skills, which are currently unknown. Emolga and Dunsparce are labelled as best friends and will join your party as the game progresses.

The official site has also revealed that Keldeo will keep a major part within the game. In addition to that, it revealed that the strength of moves increases as you use them move. Thunder, for example, starts off at Level I and increases through Level III.

movepower1.jpgwatchog.jpgvictini2.jpggurdurr2.jpgpansage.jpgkyurem.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/pics.shtml

I think they managed to do a good job of keeping the Dungeon aesthetics while switching to 3D. Much better than the WiiWare travesty

The screenshots look great! The return of the character portraits really complete the look :D

Those 3D models aren't bad. Any idea if they are just recycling the models made for the Pokedex?

Yeah, the Pokédex 3D Pro models are standard so the companies are just reusing the standard assets

Another case in the argument for using sprites in the main games...differentiation

So it has happened. Paid DLC has hit Pokémon

The first DLC for the game, PokéForest, will be free until January 1st. After that, it will be 150 Yen

dlc1.jpg

Impressions from a certain Joe Merrick for ONM :)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44526/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-3ds-verdict/

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth is the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to be released in the UK since Explorers of Sky came out in 2009.

Great to hear a UK release is on the cards. All sounds rather promising. This'll be my first Mystery Dungeon.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44526/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-3ds-verdict/

Great to hear a UK release is on the cards. All sounds rather promising. This'll be my first Mystery Dungeon.

Hmm he reworded that from what I said, wonder if the editor knows more than me :p

I would seriously doubt it not coming out anyway. I fully expect it in today's NDs

Ah, *cautiously* looking forward to it then! I'm playing through Pokemon Black at the mo and enjoying it quite a bit - really addictive and I love all the little humorous touches.

ONM isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, so I'd take their changes to the article with a grain of salt...

That being said, I fully expect to see it get a western release.

Edited by Dcubed

ONM isn't exactly the most reliable of sources...

Quite true, but I thought as this was the Mr Serebii himself, I'd give it credence ;)

ONM isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, so I'd take their changes with a grain of salt...

That being said, I fully expect to see it get a western release.

Sure they are. Be nice :(

Do you call them 'Pokemon' because the game is on the 3DS and you get to poke the Pokémon with your stylus?