NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Wireless Hard Drive for PS3 Media Server

Hey guys!

I want to get a hard drive that will plug into our router and I can store all my DVD backups (...) on it and access them via my PS3.

I believe something like this will do what I need, is this correct? Also, if it features a USB I can plug it directly into the PS3 right? Preventing buffering issues that get annoying.

If this is the case could you guys perhaps recommend one? I probably only need 1TB (and not even that) but if 2TB is a few tenners more I will probably get that just in case.

Thanks folks!

Okay, dumb question time. If it's just for the PlayStation, why does it need to be networked? Why not just a 2TB external HDD that you leave connected to the PS3? Especially if you're going to connect it to avoid streaming issues with HD video anyway.

Because I live in one room and the PS3 in another and the concept of constantly plugging and unplugging to add new content makes the lazy part of me cry.

Plus my housemates could also add to it if it's centralised.

Gotcha. My setup is a small PC behind the TV running Openelec (XBMC, a linux based media centre). It's would do what you need (basically the same thing but with more inputs and an OS) but more expensive than what you're after.

That one you linked to would do the job, it's on here for £20 less:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/iomega-home-media-network-hard-drive-2tb-black-09530960-pdt.html

Sign in to follow this