Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

No GTA for Wii U it seems.

Retro_Link

Yeah, but that was just a DLC spin-off. I think it worked out pretty well for what it was, i.e. a zombie blaster. At least I had some fun getting all the apocalyptic horses, killing zombie bears with torches etc : D Surprisingly long, too.

Yeah, I was agreeing with everything you said about the game, but then they took away everything that was great about RDR for the DLC. It was fun for a time, but I got bored of being charged by enemies all the time instead of them using cover and shooting at you.

I really wish they'd do more single player DLC, perhaps using a new character like they did for GTA.

Never really got into the multiplayer much for this one. Probably because of the community. You were trying to do the objectives but then you got killed by a team mate and it just got annoying.

Its a little disappointing but assuming the WiiU does well we'll get the GTAV complete edition ported (when it has add-ons etc) but its no great loss for me personally, I've still to finish GTAIV as i found it boring.

In fact i haven't loved a GTA game since Vice City, San Andreas was a good technical feat but the whole boyz in da hood rip off was something i didn't like, for me GTA was about more organized crime and i've preferred the mafia styled ones, the PSP ones were good though.

Just GTA 4 felt old and tired and like the story tried too hard to shoe horn him into illegal situations where as the others at least had a "logic" to the story, its almost like they had him meet random criminals on the street and decide to get involved with their crimes....oh wait they did that.

What are the addon's like? are they worth playing? i've heard they have better stories

I wonder how much Lego City Stories is an early indication that GTA5 wouldn't be coming to Wii-U? It's almost as though Nintendo knew they would likely be missing out on GTA5 and decided to publish an alternative themselves.

I don't think the Wii-U will suffer to badly for not having GTA5, as most GTA fans would probably just buy it for their PS3/360 anyway.

I don't think the Wii-U will suffer to badly for not having GTA5, as most GTA fans would probably just buy it for their PS3/360 anyway.

Its a little disappointing but assuming the WiiU does well we'll get the GTAV complete edition ported (when it has add-ons etc) but its no great loss for me personally, I've still to finish GTAIV as i found it boring.

Regardless of our personal opinions on GTA, we should care very much for the fifth game. If it won't be released day and date on the Wii U this damages the system as a whole. The people who are already lamenting that the system is underpowered, has no third party support and that they've already got about three systems they'll be able to play it on aren't the real problem. Those have made up their minds long ago anyway, but giving them confirmation for what they've been preaching for months (Wii U = Wii's level of 3rd party support, weaker than PS360) won't help the matter much.

The people who'll find out that they can't get that one game they saw in all the ads for new Nintendo they got last Christmas are getting shafted. And that's a message that'll stick. This is the real problem, as those are likely the customers Nintendo has to gain or lose. The others are probably already lost or will have to be gained by other means, if at all.

If it's not coming. But with those comments and reports from "confirmed" people on various message boards on a relatively weak CPU that might require devs to put more effort into optimizing, I can well see Nintendo missing out on the game.

Edited by Burny