NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Migraine

A Bit of nostalgia...

after seeing the various Rev Controller add-on mock-ups (try saying that after a couple of cans of 7up), i thought to myself... why not? :) so here it is, the return of the Zapper!

RSZapper.jpg

ok, it looks a bit shoddy (angles all wrong etc)... but if they actually manufactured this, i'd get one instantly.

I like the idea, but honestly; do we really need one? The Revolution controller by itself is more than capable enough of performing the exact same functions. Sure, it's not shaped like a real gun, but try picking up your TV remote and aiming it around. It would work perfectly with no handle/trigger attachments; even more so with your fingers fitting perfectably into the grooves of the remote.

Damn, now I want to play Metroid Prime 3. :weep:

Yes, but if you think about it, the angling of your wrist is totally different. With a handgun, your wrist is pretty much relaxed (funnily enough, real handguns have been designed to be the way they are for this very reason).

If you held a controller in the same way as you would a gun, it would point at the ceiling. To point the controller at the TV, you have to angle your wrist downwards.

Yes, but if you think about it, the angling of your wrist is totally different. With a handgun, your wrist is pretty much relaxed (funnily enough, real handguns have been designed to be the way they are for this very reason).

If you held a controller in the same way as you would a gun, it would point at the ceiling. To point the controller at the TV, you have to angle your wrist downwards.

Surprisingly, it feels very natural to point the Revolution controller to the screen like a gun. It's much smaller than you would think.

You could also have Thompsons and things with add-on gun attachments, with mega feedback like in arcades;)

You could also have Thompsons and things with add-on gun attachments, with mega feedback like in arcades;)

That an idea i like the sound of, recoil gun shells.

Sign in to follow this