NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Bluetoothing my computer?

Halllo all, my computer does not have bluetooth, I'm considering trying to bluetooth it on the cheap. I'm wonder what people's experiences are with cheap usb bluetooth thingies, whether they should be avoided or if it's one of those things where they all essentially manage to do the job?

I got a cheap Tesco own brand for a few pounds, worked decently. Didn't cut out or anything so I assume the technology is fairly consistent across brands. Maybe just better range with the more expensive models?

Cool, thanks. I doubt I'd ever need to be more than 3 meters from the computer anyhow so I'll probably pick up a cheapy from somewhere online. I saw a real cheap one on amazon for a few quid, but it really seemed to have mixed reviews, so I wasn't very sure.

I got a cheap Tesco own brand for a few pounds, worked decently. Didn't cut out or anything so I assume the technology is fairly consistent across brands. Maybe just better range with the more expensive models?

Just another quick question, what OS are you running? I know devices always tend to advertise the later OS's as if it means something, but are there generally problems with bluetooth/drivers on newer OS's or is that just me getting sucked in?

(Win7 64-bit here)

Cheap ones from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong, perhaps. But I doubt you'll have problems with, for example, the Tesco own brand one mentioned above.

Cool, thanks. I doubt I'd ever need to be more than 3 meters from the computer anyhow so I'll probably pick up a cheapy from somewhere online. I saw a real cheap one on amazon for a few quid, but it really seemed to have mixed reviews, so I wasn't very sure.

Just another quick question, what OS are you running? I know devices always tend to advertise the later OS's as if it means something, but are there generally problems with bluetooth/drivers on newer OS's or is that just me getting sucked in?

(Win7 64-bit here)

I was on Windows 7 32 bit at the time, since upgraded to a new PC with 64 bit but not tested yet. Sure it will work though.

Sign in to follow this