N-Europe

Theatre/Pantomime Videos

Emma

Hello everyone!

@Dan Dare suggested I write this as I could really do with your help :idea:.

My year 4 class (and 3 other classes) are learning about acting and plays over the next two weeks. It would be great for the children to see some short clips of different theatre productions (professional or amateur) on the interactive whiteboard.

All the clips I've found are on youtube, but that site is (as most video streaming sites are) blocked on the school network :indeed: . It would be much better if I could download some instead.

So if you know of anywhere I could find some, please help!

This may sound odd, but are embedded youtube videos blocked?

Yep :(. It's really annoying, an embedded youtube video will block a whole webpage too.

My friend just told me that ITV do a pantomime every year on TV. Hopefully I can find some online.

Yep :(. It's really annoying, an embedded youtube video will block a whole webpage too.

My friend just told me that ITV do a pantomime every year on TV. Hopefully I can find some online.

Hmm, that's pretty shit. I can't think of anything to help with your original question off the top of my head. I'll have a think.

Youtube is incredibly useful as a teaching tool. We managed to get our IT person to allow us access to it on the teacher accounts, which is pretty awesome.

If Flinks method doesn't work then you could use a website such as this and then watch it in another media player?

You can download the videos from YouTube and play them directly from your computer. This site works a treat: http://www.keep-tube.com/ (This might also be what Charlie is suggesting.)

I've tried this before :(. I'm not allowed to download the codec to play .flv files in school.

The site I linked to (I think - it says it does, I didn't test it) converts it for you into another format.

Even if you can't convert it, you could put the portable version of VLC player onto a flash drive and play it through that.

I didn't know such a thing existed!

So I wouldn't need to have vlc downloaded at school? And vlc plays .flv files?

...Also, if I download the Mac version, will it play on my schools computer?