NEurope
Rummy

That time of year again...80s fancy dress advice/suggestions!

Helllo alll! So it seems rather last minute, when I planned to do nothing but stay in on New Year's eve, I have found a party to attend. However, it is 80s themed, and so...I need 80s ideas! I'm welcoming any and all suggestions, as I'm hoping to maybe try something still 80s but a little different to everyone else's standard(which at the moment from my friends, seems to be neon/neon ravers). I reckon that'll be fairly standard too, so I'd like to try and be something a little bit different(though also rather budget). I'm even accepting hairstyle/haircut suggestions, as my hair is getting rather long and needs a trim anyway! What do you guys reckon I'll be able to pull off, 80s wise? What have you tried in the past?

Dungarees and white t-shirt (or topless), red neckerchief, beret.

dexys_64408.jpg

White suit, aviator-style sunglasses, light blue/pink t-shirt tucked into trousers.

miami-vice4.jpg

My friend had an 80s fancy dress for her 21st a few years ago:

This was my favourite:

n799685143_4497118_1222.jpg

n799685143_4497060_5804.jpg

n799685143_4497101_5112.jpg

I'm pitching the Ghostbusters to you Rummy.

AGAIN.

I'll keep suggesting it as long as it takes.

Yeah, was gonna say, 70s is kinda....totally not 80s!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, as much as I love the pac-man dress @Emma, I think I'd have a hard time pulling it off at a new years eve party with people I don't know very well :p

@EEVILMURRAY, one day, but not this day! How much did get your ghostbusters outfit for?

@MoogleViper, I was considering the Miami Vice look, as I could probably pull something like that off with bits I have already.