N-Europe

Betascript Publishing?

Debug Mode

I've.. been seeing some very confusing things on Amazon lately. A lot of the things I search for, I come across what seems to be a book I've never heard of regarding it.

For the past few months, I just keep on encountering it. Books by 'Betascript Publishing'. Here are some examples:

Super Mario Bros (Film)

The Offspring

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2

Toilet Paper

Priced around £30 with usually less than 100 pages, these books don't come cheap. And there seems to be a book by them for fucking everything. I guess the price isn't all that surprising considering the range of things they publish and the extensive research procedures which is promised to result in 'High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles!'.

But there's one question in my head that's begging to be answered every time I see one of these books, why the fuck do they exist? Who on earth buys them? And why are there multiple sellers for a lot of them?

I very much doubt that the content is illegal, considering every thing from Wikipedia is public domain etc, but the books about the games just seem to be an absolute scam to me as they always hover around the RRP for that game on release.

So yeah.. has any one encountered this company before? And know anything regarding how on earth they get away with this?