N-Europe

Graphics Tablet n00bness

Paj!

Hey sluts.

I want a graphic tablet of some sort, so I can draw things/sketch directly into photoshop/my Mac, and then mess about with stuff on there.

I think it's hindering my desire to draw not being able to work with my sketches easily digitally.

HOWEVER I know NOTHING about the tablets. I know no brands, average prices, etc etc. I'm sure there are ones appropriate for studenty types like me who want it for personal reasons, and there must be products for like CAD design peeps, which'd obviously be innapropriate for me.

I know lots of people here are illustrators, like @Hamishmash and @Eenuh, but others too do design-y...stuff. Any help or recommendations?

DANKE

I have a Wacom, which I've had for about 8 years now. Still works (though I've had to replace the pen tips, but yeah).

Mine was a Graphire 2, which I doubt they would have anymore haha. But yeah Wacom are a great brand. As for the size, mine is a small one, the drawing area is about the size of a postcard, if not smaller.

I also have a bigger tablet actually, but since I only work on my laptop I just work with the small tablet. Works fine. =)

I can't really offer you advice on which model to go for as I haven't looked into them. Just look at the options they all have and what you think you might need. Though they're all gonna be good I imagine.