NEurope
ReZourceman

Invincible (Comic Book) Must-See-Thread!

Invincible is the coolest and greatest thing ever. Everyone loves it. Especially N-Europe people. The list of people on here who love it is long....too long in fact to even remember everyone.

Even normal people like Odwin like it.

It is written by Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead. So if you look at either the comic or TV show of The Walking Dead as a fine example of a great and fantastic character exposition, drama and depressing post apocalyptic look into an interesting world, then imagine Invincible as an all out action super hero romp - the character work is still there, but it is more imaginative and the scope is infinitely larger. It also breaks some cliches - when super heroes fight each other in this book, there is blood and buildings collapse and people die.

But why make a "Must-See-Thread!" about it,....well the first 48 issues are about to be released in one volume. Upon original release they are (if you're lucky, in this country) £2.10, or $2.99 rrp in America. The trade paper backs collect about 6 issues and are approximately £8 each - £1.35 per issue ish. Then there are the hardcover ultimate collections which are £18 ish for 14 issues - £1.28 ish per issue.

Well now we have the fantasticly valued Compendium. £31.29 from Amazon, pre-order.

Here is the Amazon.co.uk link - £31.29

1812884-invincible_compendium1_cov_72dpi_super.jpg

A mind bending 65p per issue! 65p for 10-20 minutes of entertainment! Cheaper than DVDs, cheaper than Blu-Rays, Games etc.

If you have only the smallest amount of experience with comic book reading - you should buy this epic tale! The artwork starts off crisp and great, and becomes something truly special. If you have no experience reading comics - give it a try! What are you waiting for? It is simply another way or conveying a story.

1048 pages + of full colour artwork. Artwork and story. For £31.29.

The fairest price for anything, ever.

Can you spare £30? Treat yourself and take the plunge. You won't regret it. :)

It does seem like a great value, but I shudder at the thought of having something like this in a collection. I'll continue holding out until I'm rich and can afford the regular trades.

I honestly think you love this comic book more then me!

Well, duh.

Invincible is really good. If you have money lying around, then buy it. If you don't, there are always other methods :p

Plus when it becomes a hit Animated Series, Live-Action Movie, and award winning Video Game Series, you can say you were a fan of the comics before it became (massive).

Plus when it becomes a hit Animated Series, Live-Action Movie, and award winning Video Game Series, you can say you were a fan of the comics before it became (massive).

Eh, I always say that anyway. :p

Not reading Invincible is a great way to irk you, though, so it's really a win-win situation.

I can't buy this just yet. The price tag just gave me an absolutely crippling boner so I can't move to find my wallet.

I can also vouch for the awesomeness of this comic!

One of the best superhero reads out there

It is really good. It's not my personal best thing ever, but it is excellent throughout, and uncliched. Just feels well done on all accounts.

It is...

...stunning.

I love it! Just recommended it to a friend at home, he already reads Walking Dead.

I'll buy this I think when I get my job and have actual money coming in! Though I'll probably forget by then :(