NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Portlett

broken xbox

Hey guys my xbox red ringed a few weeks ago and after failing to fix it myself I was going to get microsoft to fix it for 68 quid but I came across a site called consolewerks.co.uk....who fix your xbox for 40 with a 3 month warranty.

I was just wondering if anyone here has sued this site and whether your xbox lasts long after its been fixed.

In my experience, it's better to send things back directly than deal with 3rd parties. I used a service through ebay when my old 360 red ringed, they all sound like they have great deals and offers - 1/2/3 month warranty etc but more often than not they will break again a couple of days past the warranty. Mine did.

At least if you send it back to Microsoft you know 100% that it will be fine, you'll likely get a new console altogether.

Which console is it? You might be better off selling it on ebay and buyign a new one.

well ive managed to get it working again today by doing the towel trick, not sure how long itll last though. Its the original 360 20 gb so not worth that much probably.

It sounds like it might be worth paying an extra £100 to get a new 360 slim with a proper sized hard-drive rather than paying Microsoft to send you a new 360 fat-loud-n-less-dependable.

Sign in to follow this