NEurope
Paj!

L.C.D* Dance Music

I knew you would say something like that.

"Of course Daft Punk is intellectually engaging, it's so obvious it needs not be said out loud." Which basically means, you have no argument.

But then it turns out you said the same thing, but addressed it as if I questioned the quality of his music. Which is even worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think music is a tool. And whether it is a good song or not depends on it's function. A song can be good at making people dance, or exposing deep social issues. But if it's just "good", it's too vague. Most of the time, it just means that the person who calls it good just likes the song, for any reason. So anyone that says, how can you not think bladibla is good. Is just asking, "Why don't you like the same things I do?". Which is a silly question.

first of all, it's not he, it's them.

Secondly, I was being flippant on purpose. Glad to see you guys are taking everything to heart regardless.

Thirdly! Comparing Pitbull and J-Lo to Daft Punk is like comparing a crooning faux jazz restaurant singer to Coltrane. I really, really shouldn't have to explain why the greatest Parisian house act of all time, who single-handedly redefined an entire genre and have been at the vanguard of popular dance music since the mid nineties, are good. Or engaging, or sophisticated, or whichever one of my words you want to pick an argument with today.

Words pale in comparison to this video anyway, so here you go: everything great about house in nine minutes flat. All done live.

Well done, you bypass the point well to tackle what you think I'm trying to argue about.

All I want to know is how Daft Punk's music is "intellectually engaging". That is my only question.

I am not comparing Jennifer Lopez to Daft Punk, and I will say this for the second time, I am not questioning Daft Punk's talent.

I have never been engaged with "intellectually" by a Daft Punk song, so I would like to know what you find engaging about it.

If you reply that it's obvious and needs no answer for a third time, I'm going to give up because clearly you either don't have a point or can't be arsed to give it sufficiently. Either way, no one gets anywhere.

My point, which was illustrated perfectly by that video, was that Daft Punk are sophisticated artists. Their songs are complex, layered and nuanced. Their use of samples is unparalleled and stupendously exciting. They engage your head as much as your feet. They are mentally, or intellectually, stimulating.

Jesus, arguing with you is hard work.

It seems you didn't listen to your own video because it ends at 5:30 ish.

While it is complex, layered and, sure we'll call it nuanced too. And yes, I would agree that their samples are exciting. That, to me at least, is just musical composition, enjoyable music, pleasant sounds. I don't feel intellectually challenged, or enhanced, or engaged. Unless you mean that their skill at creating good music is interesting in a level where you think about how they do it since you are a musician yourself or something like that. I wouldn't necessarily call that intellectual engagement. But if you do, I guess we were on different tracks to begin with.

It's not worth it Dan. Something has obviously killed him, killed him dead and cold inside of him, and there's nothing you can do. There's nothing anyone can do. Walk away. Walk away and find someone who can still be saved.

It seems you didn't listen to your own video because it ends at 5:30 ish.

While it is complex, layered and, sure we'll call it nuanced too. And yes, I would agree that their samples are exciting. That, to me at least, is just musical composition, enjoyable music, pleasant sounds. I don't feel intellectually challenged, or enhanced, or engaged. Unless you mean that their skill at creating good music is interesting in a level where you think about how they do it since you are a musician yourself or something like that. I wouldn't necessarily call that intellectual engagement. But if you do, I guess we were on different tracks to begin with.

Unfortunately for you, I agree. :kiss:

My point, which was illustrated perfectly by that video, was that Daft Punk are sophisticated artists. Their songs are complex, layered and nuanced. Their use of samples is unparalleled and stupendously exciting. They engage your head as much as your feet. They are mentally, or intellectually, stimulating.

Well if all you're going to do in every argument is just assume your view is obvious, then yes, it will be hard work. I guess it's what you would call an actual discussion.

It's not worth it Dan. Something has obviously killed him, killed him dead and cold inside of him, and there's nothing you can do. There's nothing anyone can do. Walk away. Walk away and find someone who can still be saved.

Don't be silly. There was never anything there to begin with.

resident_evil.jpg

Run. I'll be right behind you.

*Dan has the cliche moment of hesitation. After all, he might never see Gaggle again - is he facing certain death?*

GO!

*Dan runs, wiping tears from his eyes*