NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ssj

Evangelion 2.0 You Can Not Advance (Out 20th June)

Blu-ray was shipped to me on Saturday :D

"2.22", which should contain a few minutes of extra footage.

I've seen it already, mind you. I downloaded it. Legitimate Reason #1 for pirating: it's not coming out in your region for a long long time.

Great film, I'm very happy that they're doing the original series justice, whilst also creating something new and entirely separate, meaning the old one remains untouched. Asuka is very much brought to life although her role really highlights how quickly we're fast-forwarding through the material. Only thing I wasn't really bothered about was Mari, she's fine and everything but she doesn't seem to have much about her, there's nothing to care about.

Legitimate Reason #1 for pirating: it's not coming out in your region for a long long time.

Wrong. "Try before you buy."

I have over 1000 dvds and blu rays. And except for a few cases where the dvds were diculously cheap, I downloaded all of them to watch them and only then did I purchase them. The idea of not knowing what you're buying is stupid, imo.

We all steal or have stolen something online. If not anime then games, if not games then movies, if not movies then software. Basically nobody gets to sit on the high horse with that one. It is a fact that anime fans are some of the biggest pirates out there these days though, myself very much included.

I have seen this movie several times and in several forms, from Japanese camrip to Blu-ray to theatrical screening. It is incredible and all anime fans, Eva lovers or not, should check it out. More action than introspective babble, Eva 2.22 packs a serious punch. Just try not to like it.

Edited by Guy

Ive gotten completely lost with all the Evangelion stuff after the initial series. What would I actually need to watch with this?

It's a remake, a series of 4 movies. So just watch 1, then 2 and you're up to date :)

Evangelion 1, You Are (Not) Alone

Evangelion 2, You Can (Not) Advance

My blu-ray of this arrived today :D

Wrong. "Try before you buy."
True enough, I suppose. It's only the fact that you can't transpose this onto other things that makes it less stand-out to me as the most important reason. For example, if you buy a burger at a fast food restaurant, you don't get to argue that you shouldn't have to pay before you know if you like it. Also pirating is the only legitimate way to offer "try before you buy", anyway. Android tried to include it for app purchases, but found people would "rent" things for a day then return them, and ended up cutting it down to 15 minutes.

It's a new standalone remake, so you just need to see Evangelion 1.11 which precedes 2.22.

[edit]

Damn you Shorty. Beaten even with my short-ass post!

1.0 was cool... but this one is just fantastic, really. Do it!

True enough, I suppose. It's only the fact that you can't transpose this onto other things that makes it less stand-out to me as the most important reason. For example, if you buy a burger at a fast food restaurant, you don't get to argue that you shouldn't have to pay before you know if you like it. Also pirating is the only legitimate way to offer "try before you buy", anyway. Android tried to include it for app purchases, but found people would "rent" things for a day then return them, and ended up cutting it down to 15 minutes.

Well, there's trial/lite versions of games, as well as demos, they're decent enough ways of trying before you buy. I don't think I would've ever bought geometry wars 2 if it wasn't for trial versions being available...

Mcoy was wondering where he could purchase the first and second movie for these.

Mcoy is curious if you can listen to this in Japense with subtitles (Mcoy find the English acting awfully bad) Mcoy really enjoyed watching these two films before though!

Edit: Mcoy remembers the song at the end of the second film, took a while for Mcoy to get that out of his head :P

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Mcoy was wondering where he could purchase the first and second movie for these.

Mcoy is curious if you can listen to this in Japense with subtitles (Mcoy find the English acting awfully bad) Mcoy really enjoyed watching these two films before though!

Edit: Mcoy remembers the song at the end of the second film, took a while for Mcoy to get that out of his head :P

They are both available from the usual places on dvd/blu-ray and dual audio/subbed

Mcoy will post a trailer for anyone who hasn't seen the film. Mcoy feels the music really works well :P

Mcoy just placed his orders for both. Mcoy can't wait to watching and listen to this in full surrond sound high quality glory :) Mcoy was wondering If there was any development progress on the last movie? ^^

Edited by Brian Mcoy

I'm not sure if Mcoy means footage of the development process of the latest movie, or any updates on the next movie. If the latter, I feel that I should make Mcoy aware that there will be four movies, and that the last one will be an entirely new story.

The next film is titled Evangelion 3.0: Q Quickening (not a typo), and this is a Preview done in a classic Misato's next-episode-preview type summary :)

Absolutley love this film to pieces. Animation is some of the best I've seen. Though the alternate ending is just as messed up and stranger than the ending to The End of Evangelion.

Although not the coolest or particularly spoilerish, this is by far my favourite scene in the entire movie next to the "Waking up in New Tokyo-3" montage.

The music and animation here is absolutely beautiful:

I forgot this was dual format and thought the second disk had extras. Started playing it and thinking "this is such a low resolution blu-ray!" got in my "I'm not standing for this... to the internet!" state when it clicked :heh:

I just finished watching 1.11, enjoyed it and thought the animation was brilliant but ive gotta admit, despite having seen all of the series (although that was a few years ago) im finding myself confused again already.

I just finished watching 1.11, enjoyed it and thought the animation was brilliant but ive gotta admit, despite having seen all of the series (although that was a few years ago) im finding myself confused again already.

And like the original series it gets considerably more confusing :)

Evangelion story : The night before You Can Not Advance came out I watched the last few episodes of the original series then watched End of Evangelion and went to bed around 3:00AM. Then woke up around 7 in the morning with a head that was all over the place. Then ended up throwing up excessivly in the bathroom.

That's Evangelion for ya kids!!!!

Edited by ssj

Sign in to follow this