N-Europe

Broadband Cancellation

david.dakota

About six months ago, I signed with a certain broadband provider (backed by a well known high street mobile phone retail store) and everything was going swimmingly until I moved house.

Since moving house, i've had nothing but problems. Its took nearly two months to change the line over (initially blaming BT, but an HONEST telephone agent confirmed it was not BT's fault) and then after a confusing letter was sent to me I requested clarification - which has not been given dispite several telephone calls.

I'm now looking at closing my account with them. However, since there si a twelve month contact this may prove difficult. Any thoughts?

Firstly, the BT line is owned/rented by my parents - could they say I never had permission to give the phone line to the Broadband provider?

Secondly, could i consider the lack of customer service as breach of contract (since I do honestly beleive that customer service is a contractual right).

i work at wanadoo, and if you cant get a connection, there is fuck all you can do really (presuming its the same) other than call into their call centre, ask to speak to a team leader, and see if they can give you authorisation to cancel early, most team leaders at wanadoo dont care anyway so it usually works, but it might be different. i hate all ISP's.

• 2 weeks later...