NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Guardian Heroes Heads To XBLA

Fantastic news!

Treasure's classic side-scrolling brawler Guardian Heroes is heading to Xbox Live Arcade this Autumn with a fresh lick of paint, publisher SEGA has announced.

First released back in 1996 on the Saturn, SEGA has gone back in and added enhanced HD graphics, online co-op and a number of new game modes.

No firm release date or asking price yet but Gamersyde has some screens.

"Ever since we began to make SEGA's classic Dreamcast and the Mega Drive titles available for modern systems, the fan response has been overwhelming – and the demand for their favorite games has been pouring in," said SEGA exec Haruki Satomi.

"Players have been clamoring for this treasured favorite from the Saturn days, and we cannot wait to show them what we have got for them."

This was easily one of the best games on the Saturn and with the inclusion of online co-op the game just got better.

Always wanted to play this back in the day but couldn't afford a Saturn at the time

Day... fucking... one! :D

Also, semi-related... did anyone else pick up Bangai-O HD : Missile Fury yesterday?

Great news, my copy still works but being able to force my friend to play it with me is good enough.

Now I just need Dragon Force and Dark Saviour and Panzer Dragoon and Shining Force and I'll be content.

Will definitely be buying this as I love all games made by Treasure, I must admit though I would have thought more people would have been downloading Radiant Silvergun when it came out a few weeks back...

... though perhaps a similar level of excitement surrounds this despite it being something of a classic, I suppose Treasure games are rather niche but for those who know of their awesomeness they are some of the most compelling experiences in gaming. :D

Sign in to follow this