Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Financial Results Briefing 2011 Q&A

Burny

There was seemingly a Q&A with Iwata after that investors meeting Nintendo held a few days ago.

On Nintendo of Japan's homepage a translated transcript is available.

There aren't any real news in this and I have to confess, I didn't read the whole thing ,yet. What caught my attention was a slew of articles on Gonintendo about it.

It's interesting, because Iwata admits rather openly a few areas, where Nintendo hasn't been able to deliver in the past (online, hint, hint ;) ).

Some parts of page 2 especially, make me think, Nintendo will outsource their whole online system for the cafe to experts in that area, or at least parts of it.

Well, the biggest possible thing I could think of, is Nintendo collaborating with Valve and fully integrating Steam's online service into the console. ;) If it's anything less, I'm probably going to be terribly disappointed at E3, for no other reason than having fantasized a bit too much, but hope dies last, doesn't it? :p

The rest of the Q&A seems to be a good read, too.

Edit: I see Dante just quoted the whole thing in the Wii general discussion. Might still justify its own thread though... ::shrug:

Edited by Burny

There aren't any real news in this and I have to confess, I didn't read the whole thing ,yet. What caught my attention was a slew of articles on Gonintendo about it.

I hate it when gaming websites do that. Every time there's a new Iwata Asks, Kotaku milks it for a week's worth of articles. :indeed:

I hate it when gaming websites do that. Every time there's a new Iwata Asks, Kotaku milks it for a week's worth of articles. :indeed:

But Kotaku posts anything that any random tweeter makes up.