NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goafer

A little photography project I need help with

I always find it hard to think of new places to take photographs, so I'm putting together a Google Map with locations that I've found to take photographs.

The idea is to get a whole mess of people to contribute and post locations in their area that they consider to be a good place to take photos.

There are a few guidelines:

The posted places must feature something that could be incorporated into a photo. Generic places aren't really needed. If you're unsure, run it by me first, although I'll most likely trust your judgement.

Provide as much information as possible (except for access/security info with derelict places). Postcode (for Satnav, full address preferred), why it's special, opening times, prices and a website are all good things to have.

The markers are colour coded:

Blue: General

Red: Car Based (For example places that are regularly used for shows or somewhere with car access that would provide a good backdrop)

Green: Natural Scenery (National parks, gardens etc)

Light Blue: Rural Areas (Farms, Harbors etc)

Yellow: Urban areas that are generally more classy than Purple.

Purple: Derelict areas (including "gritty" urban locations)

A few examples of what markers I'd use:

Blenheim Palace: Green, due to it's rather special gardens.

Airport: Doesn't really fit into any other groups, so Blue.

A special street in Oxford: Yellow.

Link

Edited by Goafer

If you like your indoor art you should check out the Cube in Birmingham. (Located just behind the mail box)

I've added a couple in Somerset since you said you're going to Weston, don't know how long you're around for but they're definitely worth checking out.

If you can see the windmill on a clear, sunny day then you'll be able to get some awesome photos (plus it'll make you cool because you'll be 5 minutes from my house - make up some of the points you'll lose for going to Weston in the first place :heh:)!

I'm certain there's others (if you can get high enough up the hill in Weston you can get some great photos of the bay/pier, especially at night), but can't think of any off the top of my head, if I do think of some more I'll add them.

Who added clumber park?

Not I.

Thanks for all the contributions guys, keep them coming!

Sign in to follow this