NEurope
BigTac

Revolution will attract females

http://www.revolutionreport.com/index.php?act=articles&code=read&id=227

In a recent interview conducted by Japenese publication Famitsu, Metal Gear Creator Hideo Kojima discussed a few ideas concerning his in-development Revolution game as well as the console's appeal to a wider demographic.

During the interview, Kojima expressed his intent on producing games that can be considered stylish and artistic in nature; a goal he considers best accomplished on the Nintendo Revolution.

Kojima mentioned that he wants to make games outside of his multi-million dollar franchise Metal Gear and that with Revolution, he can create games "based on life, [or] something organic." He did not further elaborate on his comment.

On a final note, Kojima pointed out that some aspect of the Revolution will make it "popular with girls" without providing explicit details.

Revolution Report will have more enigmatic statements from Hideo Kojima as they become available.

Remember on Dec.2 in Japan Miyamoto teased Kojima about him wanting to make a game that would be popular with the girls.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/shiggy/index.php

“What about you?†Hamamura-san asks, turning to Kojima-kantoku.

“He’d like to design a game that makes him popular with girls,†Miyamoto quips.

Cracking up, Kojima says, “I haven’t decided.â€

“That was a joke,†Miyamoto says. “What would you really like to design?â€

Kojima says something about using analog. “I can’t really say,†he adds, still laughing.

"some aspect of the Revolution will make it "popular with girls""

I guess it has something to do with the controller :D

I recently read that about 50% of all DS owners are females (don't know if it was in America or Japan) but the point is that the system is attractive because of new types of games and maybe with simulations like cooking or making music (examples taken from the TGS video) it could be possible to attract them to the Revo too.

good news or is it? maybe the thrid secret is a lipstick holder. that would be totally unexpected.

well ofcourse, its a vibrating dildo ¬_¬ all women use dildos

Yeah right, not all of them do.

Anyway, I think it might attract more females just because it looks a lot less intimidating than those controllers you have these days with just hundreds of different buttons. That's why the DS works so well, it's easy to just pick up and start playing, without having to spend ages to figure out what button does what. It works a lot more natural to be touching a screen or to be waving a remote around I guess.

Now I'm curious what kind of games they'd be making that are aimed at girls though.

I think the software library will be key to attracting girls. All the violent, male dominated, overly complex games around aren't great for encouraging most girls, or indeed anyone who doesn't already regulary play video games into the industry. With the Revos brand controller, Nintendo can clear the way for new simplier control schemes which should go well with Nintendos own brand of fun, accessable family entertainment.

I always thought this was quite funny, one of my friends who is a girl just wouldn't play any games purely because the controller looked scary. I don't understand how anyone could be intimidated by it and women are meant to be good multi-taskers anyway so should be able to handle a few buttons with ease.

Oh well, now the Revo controller will stop them from being scared :)

Well, I am a girl, and I don´t have a problem with existing games. I don´t see, how games could be made to be more "attractive" to women.

By the way, I AM attracted to the Revolution controller, but so most of us in these boards are, I guess, and that does not depend on our genders :grin:

By the way, excuse by bad English, I am from Germany. And yes, I am new :wink:

Welcome draculette :)

:yay: More girls here than ever before :yay:

Animcal crossing on revolution would sure be a huge succsess among girls :) (and boys)

Lets hope it's a MMORPG :D

what about pikmin? that was a game that most girls liked. all the girls i know love the mario party games.

I beg to differ :heh:

I hugely enjoyed Pikmin 1 + 2, and I think Mario Party games are nice just for about two to three sessions, then they get really boring.

I beg to differ :heh:

I hugely enjoyed Pikmin 1 + 2, and I think Mario Party games are nice just for about two to three sessions, then they get really boring.

Are u like most girls :P?

Yeah right, not all of them do.

imagine the other attachments for the controller, doesnt it make u wet with excitement!:o

ok on a serious not, its the simplicity and the games like the sims or similar ones that would be easier to use with the controller. also the fact its a remote and everyones used a remote atracts female gamers, and there are more male gamers then female gamers etc etc

Attachements made of plastic won´t get me excited in that way, that´s for sure ;)

I think that Nintendo should not bother to develop games just for girls. I think games should have a broad appeal. Most games are bought by or for guys, so it would be illogical to develop games this part of the players are not interested in.

Depends on the fact if the revo-controller will have force-feedback. Oh, boy, I didn´t know that I was going to be lured into these kinds of conversations here ;)

Depends on the fact if the revo-controller will have force-feedback. Oh, boy, I didn´t know that I was going to be lured into these kinds of conversations here ;)

us europeans eh

Actually I don´t mind talking about "those" topics, but I guess, children could be reading, right? :wink:

Lets get back to the topic...

I think they are making a cooking game.. to teach women their place... :P

Kidding,, Probaby more games like nintendogs.