N-Europe

My Fake Pokémon Bring All the Nerds 2 the Yard & They're Like "Its Better than Ninty"

Hamishmash

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeird... I've never looked at those and thought for a second they're meant to be Mexican wrestlers.

I thought the golden swirls made me think of Japanese fire Onis and stuff...

Hmm... I'll rethink this Pokemon AGAIN! Or I'll do the other Mexican ones first. ;)

(In the game you find a crate with two Pokemons in it. You can chose one of them, one of them is thumping and one of them is rattling.)

I dislike that bird wrestler. Feels like a fake version someone would have made of the one Torchic evolves into. :/ (Design-wise)

Needs more of a personality/unique thing. But then I feel like Mexican wrestler (and even normal wrestler) is done already. There's those kinda fat yellow ones from 3rd or 4th gen, the two (judo-y) ones from last gen (fair enough no wrestlers, but yeah...).

Weeeird... I've never looked at those and thought for a second they're meant to be Mexican wrestlers.

I thought the golden swirls made me think of Japanese fire Onis and stuff...

Hmm... I'll rethink this Pokemon AGAIN! Or I'll do the other Mexican ones first. ;)

(In the game you find a crate with two Pokemons in it. You can chose one of them, one of them is thumping and one of them is rattling.)

I want to buy these games and I want to play them and make love to them. I want to do some fan art soon (of your 'mon)

He does copy the style really well, but I wouldn't say yours are any worse just because you don't. And creatively speaking, I would say that your ideas are much more original, and seem to have more thought put into them.

It's amazing how many great Fakemon ideas there are around, though. Makes me wonder why GameFreak have to resort to using designs like this:

stunfisk.png?w=300&h=179

He does copy the style really well, but I wouldn't say yours are any worse just because you don't. And creatively speaking, I would say that your ideas are much more original, and seem to have more thought put into them.

It's amazing how many great Fakemon ideas there are around, though. Makes me wonder why GameFreak have to resort to using designs like this:

stunfisk.png?w=300&h=179

Well said. The only one I saw of his that could compete from a creative level with yours TMFKAS, was this lock (steel) that turned into a chest (steel) that turned into a pirate treasure chest (steel/dark) when you train it whilst its holding amulet coin.

Yours still look fantastic and are incredibly creative and well thought out.

You mentioned earlier that you know how to do sprites? Can you/will you? :)

NO! Yours are still fucking amazing. His are amazing too though.

grado_region_sprite_dex_by_jesgrad07-d3akffk.png

Crap balls!

Although to be honest, his starters are AWFUL.

stunfisk.png?w=300&h=179

AWW I LOVE THAT ONE!

But yeah, there are loads of great Fakemon artists, I am but one. And I wish I could copy the style, I just treat this as a little side-project.

Well said. The only one I saw of his that could compete from a creative level with yours TMFKAS, was this lock (steel) that turned into a chest (steel) that turned into a pirate treasure chest (steel/dark) when you train it whilst its holding amulet coin.

Yours still look fantastic and are incredibly creative and well thought out.

You mentioned earlier that you know how to do sprites? Can you/will you? :)

I won't be spriting because it is very time-consuming. Plus I like to think my Fakemon wouldn't be sprited because I've decided my game would be 3D :D

I love his Griffin and Medusa ones specifically.

I think I'll give up on the wrestler after seeing this Fakemon design. Can't top it:

Psh, sure you can :) We've seen you conjure up such magnitudes of unquestionable awesomeness from your magicly mammalodean bag of ingenuity that I definitely want to see you tackle this concept...

In fact all his other Fakemon wipe the floor with mine. ARGH! Makes me wanna give up altogether! He copies the style so well, something I can't do!

Come on now...the problem I have with the current gen is exactly the style. It's so bland and boring... :/ Just like his Fakemon, a few good ideas there, but the style is just sleep-inducingly plain. *snore*

Like Mike said, you have both originality AND a great style! That's why your creations seem so darn fresh and awesome :)

Thanks for the comments! You guys are great. You deserve some new Pokemon!

061_maraket___062_marattler_by_spune-d3c20o1.jpg

BLOG: Maraket marattler

deviantART: http://spune.deviantart.com/art/061-Maraket-062-Marattler-201648097

MARAKET

Maraket’s begin rattling their maraca-like tail in the egg! They are non-poisonous snakes so the rattle is used as a defense mechanism. Some clever predators however have learned to seek out this noise to find their dinner!

Maraket is a Fighting Pokémon and likes to hit opponents with its rattle. They are incredibly fast, and jump around their opponent while hitting it.

MARATTLER

Marattler is a Pokémon from a faraway region but somehow they have found there way to Urion in cargo. In their homeland they are feared and can ward away all predators by simply rattling its tails.

It uses it’s rattles like nunchucks, swinging them around their body to disorientate its opponent before going in for a full on WHACK!

I said to the hater on my blog that there's not as much in trying to copy the Pokemon style. These Pokemon will never be official, so why not have some fun?

I like to think that this is more "Hamish Steele hired to reboot Pokemon series!" rather than "Hamish Steele hired to be one of the 100 people at Nintendo to design Pokemon for the next game..."

Also... those rattles do look like of cute... until you realise what REAL snake penises look like:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3qv6EvwOD5c/TD-bY6RwP0I/AAAAAAAAEtQ/5r0xdjHtuEw/s400/double+headed+penis+of+a+snake.jpg

Yeah, the thing is...when trying to replicate the "style" of Ken Sugimori, loads of people just end up with very bland, boring designs. Yours are such jokes.

While my favourite thing is "variation within conformity" (so I would love yours to be great AND look like they fit perfectly into the existing Pokemon world), it wold be far more interesting to see more of the existing Pokes in your style. :)

Yeah, the thing is...when trying to replicate the "style" of Ken Sugimori, loads of people just end up with very bland, boring designs. Yours are such jokes.

While my favourite thing is "variation within conformity" (so I would love yours to be great AND look like they fit perfectly into the existing Pokemon world), it wold be far more interesting to see more of the existing Pokes in your style. :)

I prefer to draw new Pokemon, but you'll see some more when I continue to do the Gym Leaders.

Jeez. Nice job dude. Had no idea it was so time consuming.

Thanks. :) It took me about two hours to do those. Not that I'm an expert on it, though - I hadn't used Paint for years before today, but I used to like doing things with it when I was a teenager.