Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tangled

Ashley

I saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Although a few parts felt a bit too American / modern / Dreamworks for a Disney movie, this was definitely the best thing they've done (minus Pixar) for a good fifteen years. I wasn't sure how they'd stretch the story out to fill a whole film, but I thought they actually did an admirable job - I loved the idea about her wanting to get out to see the floating lights.

I agree with Spüne about the songs - there were some hits (personally, I got a big laugh out of I Have A Dream and Mother Knows Best was pretty good) and some misses (the one that's nominated for an Oscar is hardly A Whole New World).

The characters were good (my wife thought the horse was hilarious), and I loved the art style - everything had a smooth chunkiness to it, and, combined with the 3D, it really felt like you could reach into the screen and touch it.

In fact, the only thing I hated was the name.

I actually really enjoyed this film, I was quite interested to see if the adverts just showed the funny bits and everything was a waste. But I laughed quite a lot, the horse and pascal were incredibly funny and the story was short and sweet.

I can't wait to get it on dvd :D