N-Europe

Speed is the key.

Caris

And thats why my P.C aint got the key.

So, basically when i run my x600pro with 6x anti analysing its uber slow.

my P.C is regualy De-fraged and is Spyware, Ad-aware free + does not have a million programs running that i dont need.

but is there anyway i can make my comp run faster without spending more money? like i am clueless here maby a program you downlaod an does something while playing games? i dunno this is just a random question that could be a great help.

Cheers guys.

You could increase the priority of the process through the task manager.

Another thing is to clear old entries in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch

Setting WinXP to classic mode and disabling some effects should also help too but I'd rather have less performance in games than an ugly XP.

A very good site how to increase speed and such is tweakxp

And don't download any programs claiming to improve your system speed, they fucked up my old PC.

So how's your processor, memory and swap memory? Any decent video card will run XP fine (and yours is very decent) but there's more factors involved. If you're running a Pentium II 400 with 128 MB there's not much you can do.

If you mean playing games then the X600Pro is not quite ready for the latest generation of games (like FEAR).

dude wtf do u expect when u have 6x aa enabled? 100 fps?, AA is a major major performance hit, i suggest u don't even have it on with that card, x600pro is a mid range card, in laymens term it means decent and not that great, do not expect to play games like fear or quake 4 on high with it even with 2xaa, (heck i have a x850xt pe and i can only run fear at max with 2x aa without it going above 45 - 55 fsp) if u want to have 6xaa then do your self a favor sli or crossfire either 7800gtx 512mb/x1800xtpe

dude wtf do u expect when u have 6x aa enabled? 100 fps?, AA is a major major performance hit, i suggest u don't even have it on with that card, x600pro is a mid range card, in laymens term it means decent and not that great, do not expect to play games like fear or quake 4 on high with it even with 2xaa, (heck i have a x850xt pe and i can only run fear at max with 2x aa without it going above 45 - 55 fsp) if u want to have 6xaa then do your self a favor sli or crossfire either 7800gtx 512mb/x1800xtpe

Haha, you beat me to it. I was going to post an onslaught tonight. :heh:

yo dude, sorry i just kind of pissed, at the moment, ifi casued u any inconvience the n i apoligise

No bother mate, I feel like that at times.

Just turn down your AA to 2X and be quiet.

Whats your problem? this is a point of a forum? if no one posted anything and were quiet thers no point in one?

Youve been a right Dick since you were de-graded from a Mod.

I was being honest. You bought a cheap card and you expect miracles from it, then you complain about it?

If you feel i'm being a "right dick" then fine, but hell. I'm just saying the truth.

Yea fair enough Jordan but no need to tell people to be quiet etc, i was just asking incase theres something obvious i didnt know.

Which there obviously isnt. :(

So concluding this, which would be the best way to add speed to my p.c? to run AA? (and cheapest)

Extra Gig of RAM? New graphics Card? even CPU? And do Mobo's make alot of diffrnece.?

haha its not that bad. btw whats so good about PRO cards? im still learning about comps :P and will Mobo's make much diffrence?

dude if u really want aa in game

(heck i do not notice any diffence between 2xAA or 4/6/8xAA)

then get a 7800gtx512mb or 1800xt and sli/ crossfire them,

then u can enjoy your games in 6xaa