NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Xbox 360 - PC media sharing

I used to be able to share my media with my old PC without any problems at all but for some reason it won't let me share music etc with my Netbook...

It's the slim Xbox 360 and I'm running XP on the netbook, I have Windows Media Player 11 and have found and 'enabled' sharing via that but still it refuses to find it on the console, I've restarted both to ensure that it wasn't that but yeah... bit of a strange one as it should in theory just 'work' but for whatever reason it won't.

So I figured I'd post here in the hope that there may be a simple solution, possibly something I've overlooked or some kind of quick fix, I don't want to download TVersity or similar unless I have to because it shouldn't be necessary as all the sharing capability needed is present in WMP.

Anyway, help appreciated, thanks. :)

I can't remember exactly where the option is in XP, but when sharing media you have to not only enable sharing, but also allow the device. So somewhere in the sharing options you should be able to find your Xbox 360 (if turned on and both on the network), and you will have to click on it and allow it.

Within the WMP11 menus? I've allready allowed the device through that... are you saying that I need to allow it elsewhere, somewhere within XP before it'll work?

Yup. Should be in the Control Panel. Network and Sharing settings or something? Been a long time since I last used XP (first Vista beta, so over 5 years ago now!) so I can't remember the exact menu layout, but it should be something like that.

yeah, you need to enable the actural router to share files too, and then you need to make sure the folder that the contents are in are sharing too by going into the propertise of the folder.

I normally have mine stored in Video / Music folders cuz they are automaticly shared.

Sign in to follow this