N-Europe

Wii HD cable?

Frank

Christmas morning I wake to find a monster of a T.V. downstairs waiting for me. It's a 27.5" HD 1080p (I think) Hanspree (name of the company) TV.

As I'm replacing a 15" SD T.V., which looks tiny in comparison, I was very excited to discover what the Wii looked like.

Although it looked quite impressive on a huge T.V., I couldn't help but be slightly annoyed at how blurry it looked.

Essentially, I was thinking of buying that HD cable for the Wii which makes the picture sharper.

Here's the TV --> http://www3.shopping.com/Hannspree-ST289MUB/info

Here's the cable --> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Official-Component-Video-Cable/dp/B000JJRV90/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1293502264&sr=8-6

Anyone have it? And is it worth buying?

Thank you :D

Its a must buy if you have an HDTV. Not only will the picture be much sharper, but you'll be able to use progressive scan mode (this is vital if you want to play any games that require timing (FPS, Music Games, etc.).

It is not however an "HD" cable. You're still only going to be able to output 480p (whereas now you're outputting 480i) this is a limitation of the Wii itself, not the cable.

But basically, buy it no matter what. Even if you were still on an SDTV that had component input it would make a bit of a difference.

Also, don't forget to switch your console to 480p once you've hooked it up through the cable.

Also worth mentioning, set the console to 16:9 ratio.

The cables are great, definitly makes the picture quality on a HD-TV more clearer. It is noticable as Emasher has said, and well worth the pennies spent on them. I have a set of them myself, it makes Galaxy II even more beautiful to look at.

Yeah, I knew about the lack of proper HD but for whatever reason that was what I called it :confused:

Anyway, I ordered it a few days ago off of Amazon so I'm hoping it'll be here soon :D Although, I don't think it will get much use until I buy another Wii game and it seems that won't be until the new Zelda will be out :p

Oh! Thanks for the advice fellers, by duh way