N-Europe

Button to goto/open sheet in OpenOffice Calc?

Rummy

So I have eventually, I think, worked out how to add a button to my spreadsheet. However, I was kinda hoping I might be able to make it so that when I click it it simply takes me to another sheet, but I cannot figure out how to do it. My workbook has like...a lot of sheets, having to go to this specific sheet is going to be annoying, and I was kinda hoping to just have me a click-able button for it. I swear I used to be able to do this in Excel, but I can't figure out how to in OpenOffice! Can anyone out there help me?

the only way to do it is by inserting a link (not sure if its possible on buttons? as far as i'm aware the only way is through a basic link.)

insert > hyperlink > document (left hand side icon)

click on the circle thing beside target (in the target in document section)

sheets > click on the sheet you want to link to > apply

text is for the text you want to appear

then close

Gotta say man, I think your question would be better answered here:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/

I'm an idiot, a few googles turned up little but I didn't even consider official forums(strangely my googles didn't turn them up either!), gotten into a bad habit of defaulting to here. Thanks. I hasn't time/access to try it now, but I'll give what you said a go R_A and see if it works, ty :)

I'm an idiot, a few googles turned up little but I didn't even consider official forums(strangely my googles didn't turn them up either!), gotten into a bad habit of defaulting to here. Thanks. I hasn't time/access to try it now, but I'll give what you said a go R_A and see if it works, ty :)

Well it does "work" because I used it for my works official documentation, its the only (simple) way to do it. =P